Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CIRRUS SR22 - Buying, Owning, Maintenance

Most GA wheels and brakes are made by Cleveland.

The old Cirrus ones look really similar to these:

BTW, @flyer59, be aware that each time you use the @username notation, the person gets a notification, usually an email. This is controllable from one’s profile. It is better to use it for when the person being addressed appears unlikely to come back to the thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@alioth
Yes, the original brakes of these older SR22 models are one of the few anachronisms. I never liked them and they are more important than in other planes because of the free castering nose wheel.
New SR22s are sold with Beringer Brakes now, but not with the Twin Caliper STC version I have installed but with the more simple single Caliper version.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 31 Jul 08:23

Today I made another short landing at my field and I realized that the actual touchdown happened at 50 knots – and the stall warning cam on again. So the above data was incorrect, because I did not look at the ASI at the moment of touchdown.
Landing roll to standstill was 200 m again … I really like those Beringer Brakes.

If you need brakes, you either chose too short of a runway or you landed too fast.

Well, this is not America where almost every runway is 6000 ft. If you want to go places (Helgoland island, 1500ft) you need to be able to fly to short runways here. One of the best Airports in my general area is LOWZ, Zell am See, landing distance available is 1900 ft), … and there’s many C-172 and PA-28 pilots who don’t dare to go there. I talked to the people who run the field and they know that the airport could be much more successful but that many pilots shy away from the short runway.

Does anybody have any information about this machine:

http://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft-for-sale/cirrus/sr22-gts/289237

It is based at Stapleford (EGSG). I am looking at buying within the next few months.

EDTD (ESGJ), Germany

But, seriously, parachute re-pack might be outstanding?

Administrator

Rwy20 wrote:

If you need brakes, you either chose too short of a runway or you landed too fast. 

Try the chute. You’ll stop in less than 10 m

LFPT, LFPN

There are many Cirrus owners here.

Hopefully someone can look at this advert and comment.

Administrator

Well, it is allegedly a 2007 model, so it is likely that it is due for a re-pack next year. That’s 15.000 €. Had the chute been re-packed, the ad would certainly have said.

Judging from the s/n it is a late model G2 with all the improvements in electrical system and creature comfort. It is too old, though, to have the G1000 which was introduced in 2008.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message