Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CIRRUS SR22 - Buying, Owning, Maintenance

Whereas used planes have picked up in value during the last 3 years, even the Cirrus’, and despite new models being launched quite often.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

F-HJET

I know a guy who buys a new one every 2 years.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

By the way, talking about depreciation: This one must have cost 1m € all included. So even if he sells it for the asking price, this means more than 500€ per flight hour of decpreciation alone. Pretty typical for new SR22s. The price of owning and flying a brandnew aircraft…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Oct 19:43
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter wrote:

Parts of inland Spain routinely reach +45C. Out of a hangar for years, covered or not, that’s not good.

Interesting though that most long term storage facilities for airplanes are in deserts. Places with immense heat but very few humidity. Of course, all those planes are aluminium, so the question would be how does a SR22 hull react to heat. And clearly, they will cover all the windows. Madrid is also not too humid and I don’t think that the heat alone would do that much damage, as opposed to a plane parked near the sea for instance. It also does not look that bad and leather seats exposed to direct sunlight for any period of time look different. I bet they have got a cover for the windows but took it away for the pictoral.

I once was in a stored plane but could not stand the temps in there for more than 2 minutes or so.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

EuroFlyer wrote:

what has been left rotting on those seats, one has to wonder….

Actually, I wonder that too. All 4 seats are similarily blackened, so it can not really be from smoking as in that case at least the pilot’s seat should be different from the others. It looks to me as if the leather is of a bad quality which darkens with use. Still, if they want to sell, at least get something to cover those seats or get them redone. The rest of the plane doesn’t look half as bad. Wonder what it smells like. If it has been used by a heavy smoker, that should be obvious.

what has been left rotting on those seats, one has to wonder….

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

@bosco

Seller sais:
Qu

Seats, flooring, side panels and trimmings showing significant wear and tear.
Condition 3-4/10

Maybe he meant “wear and tar”.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder. Cleaning up the seats and make a plane presentable for sale is not such a big deal, why can’t people be bothered? Or is it one of those “look dear, I am really selling it, it’s on planecheck!” adds?

Pity. Otherwise from the numbers a quite interesting airplane at a realistic price… 4 new seat covers are how much… pity how people can’t figure out how small clean ups can increase their chances for a good sale.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 22 Oct 08:03

This UK-based Duchess was recently for sale on planecheck. What has that seller been smoking??

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Neither from the UK by the way.

Come on, where else would you find a heap of scrap aluminium sold under the title “Piper Aztec” Piston twins are more popular in the UK than elsewhere in Europe — maybe because owners think that they allow them to not have to worry about maintenance thanks to having two engines?

For maintenance for Cirrus’ in southern Germany there seems to be Augsburg Air Service AAS now doing it. I have changed to them for the Beech, and they had quite some Cirruses there.

Just for info, and for Wingman @ post #148

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 21 Oct 15:10
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany
172 Posts
Sign in to add your message