Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CIRRUS SR22 - Buying, Owning, Maintenance

This one has been up for sale for about 2 year on various different web sites. I even emailed the ‘owner’ about 18 months ago and had an email response. I think its a scam.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Cirrus has reported it has had the best half year since eight years ago, with deliveries up 30 % and sales up 35 % compared to the first half of 2015:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/business/transportation/4094296-duluth-based-cirrus-fast-start-year

Good news – however much of it as the CEO says is still down to seasonality, and YoY they do not expect a big boost.

Still far from supercar production numbers despite the price tag not being too far off.

@Stephan_Schwab

Stephan, I’d be interested in your experience so far, especially because you have flown so many hours in little time. In the other thread you said that you had no mechanical trouble. Did anything break?
(Did i ever give you the pictures of your SR22 displayed at Aero long before you bought it?)

I seem to remember the tale of a precautionary landing by Stephan_Schwab after some engine trouble.

Edit: Found it https://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/6210-precautionary-landing-after-high-cht-and-oil-temperature

Last Edited by Aviathor at 17 Jul 20:55
LFPT, LFPN

Back on the history of the thread – There are 95 F-registered aircraft. I would venture to say that there are again as many N-registered.

Where do you do your SR22 service and annual (N-reg)? I am now based in southern Germany (EDTD) but have been flying to EHGG for my annual. Excellent shop but two hours away for an oil change? Any advise or experience from those of you servicing closer to my home base? Please PM if you prefer. Thanks!

EDTD (ESGJ), Germany

Don’t worry. Any shop with at least a bit of Cirrus experience will do for a normal 50-hours inspection. It’s not much more than an oil change.

For annuals, I would stick with GE.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, i do the same: 50 h and in between oil changes at home – for all bigger stuff i fly to EHGG

Speaking of that, what oil are you using?

ESSZ, Sweden
Sign in to add your message