Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CIRRUS SR22 - Buying, Owning, Maintenance

W80!

EDTD (ESGJ), Germany

W100+Camguard (summer), W80+Camguard (winter)

+1 for W100+Camguard. Producing great Oil Analysis results. Though 300 hours in 16 months may have something to do with it aswell

Last Edited by Rob2701 at 17 Oct 09:20
EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I am “sure” it does. I have switched over from 15W50 when I bought the plane in 2013, and both the oil analysis and the compression values have improved every year, which can also have to do with my consequent LOP operation.

Rob2701 wrote:

Producing great Oil Analysis results

Can someone please explain to me what “Great” OA results are ?

Last Edited by Michael at 21 Oct 07:22
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Here is one which came on the market recently, I’ve been asked about it but don’t know enough about the SR22.

http://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=35477

Thoughts? Yes, I know it’s in Spain but so is the guy who asked so that is not an issue.

Looks like a valid airframe, might want to upgrade the GNS’s and eventually stick in a DCF90 but otherwise?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

IMHO, a plane having a Spanish history immedialtey deprives it of 20% of its normal value. For some reason they always seem to terrible in terms of condition and equipment. Plus the transaction will always be complicated. If you look at the photos carefully, you see that the windows look terrible, for example.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

As I said, I was asked about this plane by someone who resides in Spain too so there would be no change in register and no import/export issue. Otherwise, my reply would have been like yours, complicated transaction.

As to the condition, obviously he has to pre-buy it, but what bothers me from the add is that it appears to be outside in Madrid on tie down and apparently without cover for the cabin. That would not help with the windows in particular and the temperatures inside the cabin in summer must be quite hefty….

otherwise, from the figures and equipment? Any comments?

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 21 Oct 10:33

Advert, in case it disappears:

I know next to nothing about the type, but if it has been without a cover in Spain for any length of time, let alone 2005, it will be in a very poor condition.

For some reason Spain is full of neglected planes. I don’t know why. Maybe a lot of people bought them on the back of the EU-fuelled construction boom which has been going downhill for many years now. Probably also the historically trivially low parking fees facilitated that, but these have gone up a lot in recent years. However one cannot generalise because a well funded owner could have looked after it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

but if it has been without a cover in Spain for any length of time, let alone 2005, it will be in a very poor condition.

I know you can’t say from the pics but somehow the leather does not look as if it’s been unprotected for that long. But one never knows. Maybe they simply (and reasonably) took the cover off for the pics and did not bother to add a pic indicating it has one. Sellers can be rather peculiar about their pics at times, some can’t be bothered to make proper ones and none of them appreciates what potential buyers may read into an add just because they did not think of something.

Sign in to add your message