Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Command gradient

eurogaguest1980 wrote:

Indeed – there are lots of exemptions, but most Muslims I know try hard to not use them, since they have to “make up” the fasting day later on – which is obviously harder if you are the only one fasting.

The Muslim pilots I´ve flown with during the Ramadan have all put aside their fasting while performing flight duties – and the Qur´an apparently allows for this perfectly fine and well (I´ve been told). I´ve seen no issues with pilots.

Peter wrote:

In the 3rd World it is fairly normal to have a LHS who is aggressive (often ex mil, which in the mil jet sphere is a testosterone laden environment) and often is handed an ATPL just by doing the jet TR (Turkey is known for giving an ATPL to ex F4 pilots just via the TR course (check out the Turkish 737 pancake at Amsterdam) and there are much worse countries which operate passenger jets), and you have a submissive RHS occupant.

In EASA (and UK alike) it´s normal to have the ATPL license issued as part of a Type Rating (TR) Skills Test – as a matter of fact this is probably the most common way of having the ATPL license (initial) issued. You simply do the ATPL skills test (LST) as part of the Type Rating Skills test. Both boxes are ticked on the License Skills Test form. There would be an oral assessment by the examiner and I believe it has to be a Senior Examiner as opposed to a TRE “only” (not 100% sure about the Senior Examiner, but believe so!).
This is normal – not only in the “3rd world” (including the UK! ;-) ).

Last Edited by Yeager at 02 Mar 19:51
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
31 Posts
Sign in to add your message