Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cordless headsets - the Lightspeed Tango

C210_Flyer wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem? With David Clarks I would send the headsets away and they in most cases refurbish them for free can I expect the same from Lightspeed? The David Clarks Ive had for 30 yrs and Ive only had to send back 2 out of 6 for repairs.

My experience was similar. The ear foam parts need to be replaced every two years or so, depending on how much you use them.
If you have cable or any other technical problems with the Lightspeed headsets, just go to their website, register and open a service ticket. They repaired all my issues for free in a very short time.

Last Edited by chwinter at 01 Jan 13:48
EDMA, Germany

Ok Thanks Will contact them about fixing the cables I already bought the ear muffs to change out.

KHTO, LHTL

I had the same problem with the earseals, I mentionned it to them one year at Friedrichshafen, the guy went to the back of the stand, rummaged about and produced a couple of replacement pairs for me.

I’m a happy customer.

Oxford and Bidford

@ C210_Flyer – earseals are consumables so not covered by warranty. In my experience ( and that is not a guarantee as I sell Lightspeed but do not work for them ) any problem with cables will prob 99 be covered by warranty. Send the headset to their repair man in Germany.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Slightly off-thread but has anyone else experienced unsatisfactory battery life with the PFX? I’ve been getting circa 12 hours (with Bluetooth off). That means changing the batteries before every longish flight, to be sure of no power failure. While there is supposed to be a low-battery warning and beep, this does not work reliably. I had one very unsettling incident where the ANR packed up without warning in a high-workload marginal wx situation and I was thereafter having problems understanding the controllers’ instructions.
Following my complaints I am in discussions with Lightspeed about an exchange …….

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

@Bluebeard

The stock batteries I received from Lightspeed lasted around 10-15 hours or so. Someone with a similar experience gave me the advise to use aerocell batteries from Lidl for the Zulu PFX. They are a pretty cheap buy and the last 2 sets lasted around 20-25 hours on my headset. (I almost don’t use bluetooth) Maybe give it a try before you send it back.

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message