Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Marine F-35 AWOL

Airborne_Again wrote:

A “mishap”.

….pushed the wrong button? There are lots of them in such a cockpit…anything that can happen comes to pass once in a while..

Germany

“Anything that can go wrong will” Murphy’s Law

France

A UK Navy Scimitar fighter had a landing gear problem at Lossiemouth. As it was soon to be scrapped, the pilot was told to eject. He pointed it out to sea, trimmed nose down, and ejected. With the new C of G it flew across the bay, low over the town of Buckie, very low over the A98 road, and landed in small trees and bushes. (Landed, NOT crashed.)
Near my home village, while I was employed in South Scotland.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

worry no more, it’s been found-:

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Whenever there is a crash, the wreckage always comes up on Ebay. There were some great ones with BA038.

Link16 is interesting. Why not operational all the time?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

What does “two hours North of Charleston base” mean?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Indeed. Two hours walk is a lot different to two hours drive which is a lot different to two hours in search aircraft with is a lot different to two hours in an f35!

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I am lucky enough to have never needed to call 911, but I can’t imagine being really badly hurt/sick and having to endure such interrogation, while time is ticking…. is that normal/standard?

Unfortunately, the title is (as usual) misleading – no explanation beyond ‘machine failure, I ejected’.

Slovakia
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message