Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Extra NG (G-MIIL) goes down, no fatalities

https://dft-newsroom.prgloo.com/news/aaib-report-extra-ng-g-miil-aircraft-struck-building-after-an-in-flight-canopy-failure

Extra NG (G-MIIL) had hit a building Oxfordshire after an in-flight canopy failure on 2 April 2022.

“The investigation identified a lack of appropriate bonding between the inner and outer canopy frame around the front of the canopy.”
Hm. It happens?
It is not a homebuilt…

EGTR

I personally know about 2 canopy related Extra NG accidents over here. It’s a relatively new aircraft type, kinks are being ironed out

arj1 wrote:

Hm. It happens?
It is not a homebuilt…

Is the 737 a homebuilt? how many issues discovered in the last years?
blanket statements like the one above are simply false and unfaire

Poland

RV14 wrote:

Hm. It happens?
It is not a homebuilt…

Is the 737 a homebuilt? how many issues discovered in the last years?
blanket statements like the one above are simply false and unfaire

Sorry my point was that it was an aircraft professionally designed and built and with some QA, and that sh&t happens even on production certified aircraft.
Sorry if you’ve seen anything else in my message.

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

Sorry my point was that it was an aircraft professionally designed and built and with some QA

I’m guessing you haven’t been to Hunxe. The last time I left my plane there for maintenance, I got a permanent round mark on the floor panel. Apparently due to overheating from a coffee cup placed on it.

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

I’m guessing you haven’t been to Hunxe.

No! I presume Extra factory?

loco wrote:

The last time I left my plane there for maintenance, I got a permanent round mark on the floor panel. Apparently due to overheating from a coffee cup placed on it.

Wow!!!

EGTR
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message