Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Czech Republic introduces its own GENDEC / GAR (for non Schengen traffic)

I have changed the thread title to be more accurate.

So, AIUI, Czech Rep has partially suspended Schengen, because intra-Schengen flights don’t need any notice.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think maybe someone should define immigration and customs. The way it is used here cannot be correct (IMO). It is not immigration when you return to your own country for instance. Boarder control is not the same as immigration either (IMO). Immigration can only be relevant when there is a need for some sort of visa (an actual permission to enter).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Immigration can mean two things:

1. The action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country
2. The place at an airport or country’s border where government officials check the documents of people entering that country

The way it is used here, one could say:
Immigration = border control for people
Customs = border control for goods

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 02 Aug 16:00

So if I have this right:

Flights into/out of the Czech Republic from locations outside Schengen= no change. Previously needed customs/immigration as appropriate and still need them.

Flights into/outof the Czech Republic from locations inside Schengen=big change. Previously no notification needed, but now need immigration notification.

I think we are looking at travelling via GA starting to get more complicated as Schengen gets suspended. It will become increasingly difficult to know what each country wants. Hopefully each country updates their AIPs as appropriate, but somehow I doubt it.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

@dublinpilot, exactly the opposite. Flights within Schengen did not need notification and don’t need it now. Flights from/to outside Schengen used to be allowed to/from international aerodromes only but did not require notification, and now they also require a prior notice, unless it’s an airport with permanent police presence. So there is no suspension of Schengen Treaty.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 02 Aug 16:46
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

unless it’s an airport with permanent police presence

Would that be in the AIP?

So EGKA-LKPR (Prague main) doesn’t need the Czech GAR, presumably.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

So, AIUI, Czech Rep has partially suspended Schengen, because intra-Schengen flights don’t need any notice.

Where did you get that? This change shouldn’t affect intra-Schengen flights at all AFAIK. The only difference is that on a flight crossing Schengen border, you submit a form instead of asking the airport management to arrange for police to visit.

Peter wrote:

So EGKA-LKPR (Prague main) doesn’t need the Czech GAR, presumably.

The list is in post #1.

Within Schengen nothing has changed, no Flightplan from Germany to CZ, no GAR, nothing. I cross that border all the time.

Isn’t the Czech republic surrounded by Schengen countries anyway, like Germany?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message