Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Czech Republic introduces its own GENDEC / GAR (for non Schengen traffic)

LeSving, yes – Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. But Croatia, Romania and Ukraine are less than 300 NM away.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

LeSving wrote:

Isn’t the Czech republic surrounded by Schengen countries anyway, like Germany?

I might be mistaken but I believe aircraft are capable of overflying countries and don’t always land in the neighboring country…

@Ultranomad: could you try to find out if there is a chance to submit this form from another software? We do similar stuff for the UK and for Switzerland, in the latter case we submit a customs form. The Czech form requires a simple captcha which prevents electronic submission.

achimha wrote:

The Czech form requires a simple captcha which prevents electronic submission.

You could capture the captcha and make your users enter it.

Jepp lists the 5 airports in post #1 as “airports and aerodromes with regular customs clearance” (previously referred to as “port of entry” airfields). Sounds like nothing has changed for these.

Jepp also lists an additional 14 airfields as “other aerodromes with customs clearance”.

This 2-tier structure exists for many countries in Europe. Airfields with regular customs clearance usually means they are manned with customs during opening hours and no prior notice is required. But in many countries the 2nd tier airfields have a PNR requirement to allow customs to be present if they deem fit. As mentioned by achimha, this is done in Switzerland via an on-line form that is completed and submitted to the airfield operator as well as customs. It applies to quite a few smaller airfields. The process is perhaps a bit different since the submission needs to be followed up with a phone call to the airfield to have them phone customs to activate it, but the data requested on the Czech form is nearly identical to the data requested on the Swiss form. This works quite well, and I agree that it is not necessarily a negative development for the Czech Republic if automated and extended to a max number of airfields. The Swiss system has a possibility to save the data as a template which reduces subsequent data entry if the same people regularly fly to/from the same airfield.

BTW, Schengen is only related to control of people movement. Customs is something different and fall under the Dublin agreement which is a customs union. Switzerland is part of Schengen but not Dublin, hence the customs control in/out of Switzerland but no person control (immigration) to/from Schengen countries. With the exception of Switzerland, reference to Schengen countries or Intra-Schengen movement normally also means Dublin though even if not explicitly stated.

Last Edited by chflyer at 03 Aug 13:29
LSZK, Switzerland

There was a question – “how shall I know I need to fill this? it´s not in the AIP”. There was AIC issued just as of today – http://lis.rlp.cz/ais_data/aic/data/a_2016-005.pdf

LKKU, LKTB

That raises more questions than it answers. Most of all, it is not clear whether this constitutes a request or a notification. They intermix both terms. A huge difference between the two.

They also weitencleaely that non-Schengen-flights will only be allowed from “international” airports. I guess the AIP defines that somewhere.

Essentially, the only thing that happened is that some responsibility was shifed from airport operators to the pilots.

The AIC is also confusing on the subject of lead times. They don’t write anything on that (just that the formnhas to be filed before departure or arrival). Further down, they weite something about 8(!) hours for the second try…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 04 Aug 07:16
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I do not think it´s confusing – apart from missing deadline to submit….

LKKU, LKTB
ELLX

Is this requirement still in place?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, it’s an implementation of the new law on state border protection. Not going away anytime soon.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
Sign in to add your message