Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dijon Longvic LFSD

Any recent GA experiences here? It seems like an obvious choice over Dijon Darois for runway length and facilities (and lack of glider winches!) but interested to know either way.

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

I don’t think I have been there since the air force left and commercial traffic ceased because they ended preferring Dole Tavaux. What I do know is that avgas is more expensive there than at other airfields in France – about 0,40 € more per liter.

LFPT, LFPN

Not recent I’m afraid
Darois is good, but the gliding is a bit of an inconvenience. If you want to visit the Robin factory the taxiway there crosses the main road. Keeps you awake!
Longvic had a lot of military traffic when I was there, but it’s only an AFIS now so probably quieter. It’s expensive sat on the taxiway waiting for a whole fighter squadron to land. The restaurant was pretty good.
Depends what you want to do, but neither is a definite ‘no’

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Thanks Aviathor and Capitaine. I think I might opt for the latter and hope for the fighter squadron!

jgmusic

I’ve been there maybe 10 times this last 12 month.
As long as you are coming with a aircraft less than 3 tons and VFR (or cancel IFR) it’s a nice airport and quite cheap.
The airforce squadron left the airfield and it’s now quite dead.
They have the medevac and police copter based and the bretling airshow (with the L-39)
Here there price guide

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Thank you Romain! That’s really helpful.

jgmusic

@Romain, what does it take to be able to make an instrument approach into LFSD?

LFPT, LFPN

They charge (for aircraft with MTOW above 3t) 150€ per departure and arrival for “AFIS” service.
This is a non sense the AFIS is in the tower even when you land VFR…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

So if you arrive IFR, and subsequently depart IFR you pay 300 € just for arrival and departure? Sounds wonderful.

LFPT, LFPN

Afrim it’s on there price list… I went there one time IFR with a DA42 we didn’t pay it

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message