Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ECAC Status for homebuilt / experimental (flight privileges within Europe)

arj1 wrote:

@juze, please change the “Last Update” to DD-MMM-YYYY – otherwise might confuse people.

Done!

EDAZ LOWI EDAY, Austria

Nice

For Norway it can be found in the AIP ENR 1.1.4 (yes, ENR )

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

For Norway it can be found in the AIP ENR 1.1.4 (yes, ENR )

Nice, thanks! Never checked that section :) Updated accordingly!

EDAZ LOWI EDAY, Austria

arj1 wrote:

please change the “Last Update” to DD-MMM-YYYY – otherwise might confuse people.

Or even better YYYY-MM-DD which is both the international standard and completely unambiguous.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Or even better YYYY-MM-DD which is both the international standard and completely unambiguous.

Some people still get confused! That’s why I’ve suggested MMM, meaninging month in a text format, as in my experienced that one is the least confusing…

EGTR

That’s very well put together. Having all the documents as backup for download in one place, is brilliant!

Anyone flying a permit aircraft internationally should copy that in its entirety to to their mobile device so that they have it available if questioned on a ramp check. Being able to pull up the legal authority straight away will put any deviant inspectors on the backfoot straight away.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I believe IFR and night operations are not prohibited in Germany

Poland

One RV owner, with the UK LAA IFR approval, was unable to get a German permit for IFR. He got a French one.

What Germany does allow is a foreign reg homebuilt to be based there, for 180 days, and then you can renew for another 180 days, etc. VFR only.

See the homebuilt IFR thread. The various Lancair Evolution threads are also most revealing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Polish MIG15s operate IFR in German airspace

Poland

Forgive my ignorance but what do the different colours of the text represent?

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 07 May 20:46
Forever learning
EGTB
Sign in to add your message