Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ELA1 / ELA2 maintenance (merged)

I don’t disagree but we live where we live :-)

strip near EGGW

A small thread on another forum, ref somebody had approached there aircraft maintenance company ref putting their aircraft on the MIP minimum maintenance program.
Their CAMO refused as they said they have never seen any documentation on self declaration or the MIP.
ie the CAA had not informed the maintenance company.

Southend, United Kingdom

One should not be surprised when one looks at where the money comes from if you are running a maintenance company…

In most areas of human endeavour, for every winner there is a loser.

Unfortunately, in GA, the would-be losers happen to own the airfield, de facto control operations, etc…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

trevor_s wrote:

Their CAMO refused as they said they have never seen any documentation on self declaration or the MIP.
ie the CAA had not informed the maintenance company.

Why should the CAA inform the maintenance company? I think it would be reasonable to assume that the CAMO follows general notifications about changes in the relevant law. And even if they do not, if the prospective customer provides them with the official reference, they should be able to look it up. This is what happened in my case as well.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Find a better maintenance organisation which knows the law.

Just bumping this thread.. Has anyone heard anything about the date of applicability of this new regime for ELA-2 aircraft?

Last Edited by aart at 26 Aug 06:11
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

The way I understand it, the final consultations are due October 2016, then it will be voted upon February 2017 with implementation around Autumn 2017.

EDL*, Germany

Here is the latest that I have heard but it was a few months ago. We should know by now if the it has been presented to the commission.

· First presentation of the content of Part-ML and Part-CAO to the Commission and Member States in the EASA Committee at the end of June 2016.

· Full discussion with Member States in the EASA Committee in October 2016.

· Possible voting in the EASA Committee in February 2017.

· Adoption by the Commission (once agreed with European Parliament and Council) after summer 2017.

aart wrote:

ELA-2 aircraft

And btw, it is acutally all the way up to MTOW of 2730 kg. :)

Last Edited by Fly310 at 26 Aug 06:28
ESSZ, Sweden

Thanks.. Yes, indeed 2730 kg it is!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

A couple of engineers I know have never heard of ELA1 and ELA2.

I guess they don’t need to know

Will the two regimes come together?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message