Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ESGG - Landvetter closing out GA aircraft through enormous handling fees

Due to the closure of Säve Airport for aircrafts which are not located at the field (NOTAM from early May) and discontinued IFR operations, I flew to Landvetter ESGG. In the first week I was asked whether I had ordered ground handling – which I didn’t – but was transported to the terminal at no cost. Leaving Landvetter was a bit difficult as no one knew how to handle me, but I was told that I could come again and talk to people from Swedavia for ground handling.

I returned the following week – again without handling – but this time I was referred to many people by phone, email and in person, but again no one knew how to handle me. I ended up talking to EFS which is opening an FBO end of this year! In the meantime they offered ground handling for 400€ which is unacceptably high for a small GA aircraft like mine..

I am frequently flying across Europe but have never experienced anything like this before. They claim they have limited stands for GA, but everytime I am landing at GOT there is plenty of space… The AIP states that I could request a “self handling agreement” but my requests about this are continuously ignored.

I think ESGG is closed for GA by prohibitive pricing… anyone any idea?

best regards Albert

EDHL

Aviacon wrote:

The AIP states that I could request a “self handling agreement” but my requests about this are continuously ignored.

You definitely can. The Swedish CAA is very clear about that. They forced Swedavia (the airport operator) to offer self-handling at Arlanda after complaints from AOPA. The same thing goes for Landvetter. (Actually, the right to self-hande is an EU requirement.)

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 16 May 20:34
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I was there today and it is expensive. But that is the minimum handling fee – same as I pay. I don’t know how you get to and from airside without handling there though. If you work it out let me know!

Funny of course that there is no mandatory handling at Munich airport.

Last Edited by JasonC at 16 May 20:53
EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Funny of course that there is no mandatory handling at Munich airport.

I think that’s because the landing fees are already expensive enough for most

EDDS - Stuttgart

Airborne_Again wrote:

Actually, the right to self-hande is an EU requirement.

It is a very limited requirement and only really applies to airlines. We have tried to push this through AOPA UK and got nowhere. There are just too many get-out clauses.

EGKB Biggin Hill

what_next wrote:

I think that’s because the landing fees are already expensive enough for most

Ha, I don’t know another airport of its size in Europe that is so cheap though.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Ha, I don’t know another airport of its size in Europe that is so cheap though.

Is there another airport of this size in Europe ? (I write this because I am from Munich originally…) But you are correct, Munich really has reasonable fees for such a large airport. And also the handling is not overly expensive. Without handling it can be a bit cumbersome with passengers, and the airport tends to charge extra for everything (e.g. arranging slots and driving you to the airplane) therefore our company uses handling most of the time.

EDDS - Stuttgart

And Landvetter was expensive but at least I got a nice direct!!!

460nm

Last Edited by JasonC at 16 May 21:35
EGTK Oxford

Timothy wrote:

It is a very limited requirement and only really applies to airlines. We have tried to push this through AOPA UK and got nowhere. There are just too many get-out clauses.

Apparently it was enough for the Swedish CAA…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Actually, the right to self-hande is an EU requirement

Where exactly is that requirement stated?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland
38 Posts
Sign in to add your message