Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 10th birthday!

A more powerful search function

Yes it could be better but anything “smart” would be much more complicated, especially if typos are to be accepted. There are two approaches to get better searches:

• use the AND and OR terms e.g.
    (powerful AND search) OR function
    The terms must be UPPERCASE. It is fairly obvious. It is detailed at the bottom of Posting Tips
  • use google to search EuroGA
    Details at the bottom of here
    Basically this uses the google feature where you can specify a URL e.g.
    site:euroga.org “powerful search”

A magical solution to improve the participation in fly-ins

Indeed; various things are being examined.

Some way of linking EuroGA to youth – GA-involvement activities

Many people say that most “young people” have gone to facebook, twitter, instagram, tictoc, and whatever else delivers instant gratification which doesn’t need much typing And this is just a challenge of modern time. However, many have not and we have many here on EuroGA. We need to make our meet-ups more accessible and hold them more often in easier to get to places.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

10 Year Birthday suggestion

Colm’s

Well done Peter and team,

got me thinking…

Thanks to Peter providing this platform for the very many good fellows posting here, EuroGA has become an important voice, if not an authority, on matters pertaining to light aircraft aviation in Europe. Many interested, aspiring private pilots come here for information and exchange. Through good Google SEO, EuroGA is a real influence tool, and has a real effect, running from online to offline, in a way that it drives decisions from people based on what they pick up here.

In my opinion, this also calls for some responsibility, in the form of some balance, or peer review, you name it.

As far as I know, @Peter, as founder/owner you are the sole Admin and Moderator actively working the forum?

Do you think it makes sense to recruit some additional admins and/or moderators? The idea being to decrease workload (gotta be a boatload of work), enhance some discussions structurally when required and have another set of eyes and ears to discuss with when at tough crossroads.

And, I know thanks to your veggie eating you’ll live forever 😜, but EuroGA being one of your lifeworks, wouldn’t you want what you have built with so much effort to live on even longer?

Many of us here came as strangers and now know each other personally, even outside the forum, some for many years. So there’s plenty of known faces available. Perhaps the members could choose interested candidates by popular vote?

Curious as to the thoughts.

Here’s to the next 10 years 🎂 – perhaps with a team? And to a trip report (with 8 hours of video from each of the 5 cameras) of an electric TB20e going Shoreham to Greece non-stop in 20 years 💪. An intra USE (United States of Europe) flight by the way, without any customs/immigration required and free landings for electric planes at Fraport fields. 😊

Last Edited by Snoopy at 29 Oct 01:35
always learning
LO__, Austria

There’s a wonderful Anglo Saxon phrase.
“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Please🙂

France

gallois wrote:

There’s a wonderful Anglo Saxon phrase.
“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Please🙂

@Gallois why do you think I voiced this suggestion? Hint, I did so because I care about EuroGA.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 29 Oct 08:50
always learning
LO__, Austria

What actual issues are you trying to address, Snoopy, and how would your proposal address them?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
35 Posts
Sign in to add your message