Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA is doing a trip around Europe

Peter, it depends on your timing. Note, that 2018 is 100th anniversary of Polish aviation, so there is a lot of events in June-August, you may join each weekend on many A/Ds. But anyway, EPBC is always good if you want to drop in for couple of hours, refuel, etc. – open 6-22, lights (no instrument), long concrete, etc.

EPBC

@Thomas73 Great to hear, that you will be able to support our Polish part. Which airport do you recommend instead of EPBC?

I hope some guys from the other countries will also help with their knowledge.

EDDS , Germany

I would be happy to help you with Polish leg. EPBC is most obvious choice, but that not so good for socializing, meet-ups, etc.

EPBC

Similar idea in the US here

Then new american hero :

Guthmiller seems to have a competitor !

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 08 Feb 19:47
LFOU, France

I was probably being a little optimistic – even with a fast aircraft :-)

For my part I would think that it makes sense to make an event out of it, especially if we would like to get media attention. If you spread it out over several weeks, you’re not going to get the same people participating on the whole trip. I would be able to take a long weekend, maybe 5 days to do it and it would be fun. There is no way I can take two weeks off for the trip – but that may just be me.

If done in March, I am not sure it’s a VFR trip though ?

EGTR

eddsPeter wrote:

02.02.2019 to 17.02.2019

That’s the middle of winter and the probability of bad weather is very high, so you can expect close to zero participants.

28.07.2018 to 12.08.2018

This sounds more reasonable although it’s in holiday season and it can interfere with other plans people have with their families. However, it’s much better than in the winter. Depending on exact dates I can join on few legs.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@mmgreve wrote

I would compress the trip to 3-4 days, starting on March 14th.

Do you think 3-4 days is really possible. I know you have a fast plane, but doing it with a PA28 will make a difference. And in my opinion it would be great to have as much aircraft as possible participating, to show the power of european GA.

EDDS , Germany

I would suggest doing it very shortly before the break date and have as many UK pilots participate as we possibly can – so it will be a large group of UK pilots together with their EU friends taking a last advantage of being part of the same union. I would compress the trip to 3-4 days, starting on March 14th.

EGTR

To do this flight togehter with the Uk beeing in the EU, we have a limited time window. Day of british exit is named to be the 19th of march 2019.

I can see two possibilities when looking into my agenda and one which might be suitable for most kind of airplane, which would like to join for a leg.

28.07.2018 to 12.08.2018: It‘s in the middle of the flying season, for the media it is the summer whole so they will have a greater interest in the story, then during other periods.

02.02.2019 to 17.02.2019: It‘s shortly before the Brexit. So the interest. might be high, but not only in our story. It will be the Brexit-Stories over all dominating the media. Maybe we have to expect limited participants due of the winter period.

Anyway, to get the media interessted we have to limit the time of the trip to max. 2 weeks.

What are your opinions about this.

EDDS , Germany

@Peter: I guess this should be sticky thread

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message