Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA, and running Items on Condition

I charge 500€ (+VAT) for a SEP FAA Annual Inspection .

That’s the “inspection” proper, and does not include performing Maintenance : removing/replacing cowls, cleaning, changing oil, jacking plane, etc. etc.

For a full 100H/Annual Maintenance “program” including removing/replacing cowls, cleaning, servicing oil & filter, jacking plane, etc. etc.) for a typical SEP retract, I charge a flat rate of 2500€ +VAT. (I figure average 30 hours for the Mx servicing @ 65€/h +500€ for the FAA Inspection) .

I order the FAA records beforehand and I request the latest AD record compliance list from the owner.

If the FAA records and the AD Compliance list is complete and correspondes to my Inspection findings then there is no extra charge.

All other work, including having to research missing/un-documented ADs, STCs , etc. will be billed separetly @ 65€/H .

There it is, simple & concise, nothing “hidden”.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

There it is, simple & concise, nothing “hidden”.

@C210_Flyer you agree?

achimha wrote:

@C210_Flyer you agree?

I had to travel to Munich for his last Annual, so he paid for my travel expenses @ cost, on top of the 500€, all previously agreed on, not a centime more, IIRC.

That said, I saved him THOUSANDS !!!

Here’s the story : https://www.euroga.org/forums/maintenance-avionics/6795-trust-but-verify#post_123751

Last Edited by Michael at 14 Sep 07:53
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

achimha wrote:

@C210_Flyer you agree?

Ooops

And here is the exact problem…..the customer thinks one thing, the provider another. It did not take us long on this thread to bring it to the fore. Now, Michael sounds like a very professional supplier, no doubt we on EuroGa are all excellent customers, and fair. But, as a customer my greatest difficulty is the question, Can I have a quote please? This appears to be a very difficult request, by that I mean, the supplier keeping, in a transparent manner, to the quote.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I also think that putting @C210_flyer on the spot in the forum is not very elegant. Dirty laundry should be kept private and certainly not be outed especially when it concerns another contributor.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 14 Sep 08:56
LFPT, LFPN

There’s no “dirty laundry” regarding his Annual.

I invoiced what was agreed AND I saved him big €€€€ .

I’m sure he will acknowledge that.

That’s not say that we have don’t have different political views, but that’s NOT the subject here …

ps: Achima is just pulling my chain …. IMHO, should be kicked out of here for this kind of conduct.

Last Edited by Michael at 14 Sep 09:09
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

There’s no “dirty laundry” regarding his Annual.

My bad. I should have written “Allegations about dirty laundry…”

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

My bad. I should have written “Allegations about dirty laundry…”

Just Achima’s usual chain-pulling antics …

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

So I guess point proven that it’s never “simple & concise”?

There’s always room for disagreement between an aircraft owner and the one having the government authority to decide about airworthiness. Their interest are not always in full alignment.

I know nothing about that particular annual, only what was discussed on this forum. So no allegations of any sort.

Michael wrote:

IMHO, should be kicked out of here for this kind of conduct.

I will then register again under a female persona.

BeechBaby wrote:

Can I have a quote please?

Sure, what is it you require ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
Sign in to add your message