Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA instructor for BFR in the UK

Any recommendations for an instructor who can do a BFR down south – ideally as close as possible to Shoreham !

[ @Rami1988 post moved to an exactly identical thread ]

EGKA, United Kingdom

Simon Coombs is terrific. Did all my IR training with him. FAA and CAA. gspin63@hotmail. Com. Left gap to avoid spam spiders. Based at Wellesbourne. Flies pretty much anything.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

I’m doing mine with Jon Cooke at Wellesbourne. See the https://ontrackaviation.com/ site to get in touch. Midlands rather than up north.

Andreas IOM

Are there any UK based instructors who can do a BFR? We used to use a chap at Leeds East but no longer an instructor – ideally someone up north! thanks.

BasicMed doesn’t apply outside the US.
The Wings option can be found here.

I guess the BFR is a bit harder for US-based pilots now.

Threads on identical topic merged and more leads further back.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for those suggestions – Wellesbourne (Ontrack) isn’t too far from Worcester where I have relatives, and one of the people who used to fly out of Andreas is now near Goodwood.

Andreas IOM

Maybe bit far away but you can try,
- Emma Carter at Goodwood (emma.aviatrixATgmail.com), she can do in her Fuji or Zlin or your Auster
- Eddie Lamb at North Weald (infoATacademyaviation.co.uk), he can do in his G-reg aircraft
Not far away is probably Jon Cooke from OntackAviation (flyingstuffAThotmail.com)

All can do EASA SEP & FAA BFR combined

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Due to COVID travel restrictions, my BFR has expired and I’ll need to go at least to the UK to find an FAA CFI. However, border restrictions are starting to ease (so travel becomes practical next month).

One snag is that the CFI must be able to also rent me a plane to do the BFR in, because my BFR has expired so I can’t just fly the Auster over, and border restrictions haven’t yet eased enough that non-Manx residents can travel over to visit us.

Any recommendations? Preferably in NW England but anywhere in the UK would do.

Last Edited by alioth at 18 May 10:38
Andreas IOM

I usually do mine at Breighton (the finest airport in God’s own county) with Lewis Kennington – shoot me an email or text for contact details.

The FAA Wings program is superb (pity the UK CAA is too busy harassing people for 50 ft “infringements” to copy it), but I do enjoy my biennial flight and chat with a CFI.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Why not use the FAA pilot proficiency program WINGS instead?

Any FAASTeam Program Manager can credit you for flight activities phases based on suitable flight training exercises done with an EASA instructor or some proficiency checks.

There are thousands of knowledge activities on the FAASafety.gov site. There are also dozens of webinars, see https://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/events/EventList.aspx

For example here’s one this evening at 2030z (*):

London, United Kingdom
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message