Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First flight of year

Not exactly exciting, but good

Yeah, I think this is close to the original 80’s US scheme, and while I prefer more modern designs, it is the only one of that design at my airfield – so it’s kind of good to be a bit different.

Not sure about the specifics as someone else in my group did the weekly inspections, but the old paint was removed (presume then it was then bare metal), there was a some corrosion that needed addressing, the stabilator needed re-skimming, and we replaced one wingtip and 2 tail plane fairings (paid separately). A few other small repairs were also taken care of. The total cost by all the parties involved (including maintenance) was about £10k. They did a very thorough job, and I cant fault anything at all. There were even little decals added that were not on the hull before, so they really paid full attention to detail. Very professional to deal with as well.

BTW, incase you haven’t seen yet, I found another pic of it, while it was still “in the works”.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 02 Feb 22:07
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that, but just found a few more on Google. Good to see some good old English rain in it Another one had nasty looking grey skies in the background. This was one from within the workshop

Picking up colors is really difficult. Just look at how different your red looks on those last two pictures. Looking at small samples doesn’t really help either, I find.

What I like in your scheme is the detailing, notably how the grey lines are staggered. It gives it a classic look.

Picking up mine next Saturday, can’t wait!

EGTF, LFTF

You have picked a very good time to have the plane painted. The weather has been exceptionally bad even for a quick local flight. I’ve struggled to get up even once a week in January.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looking forward to seeing your pics denopa. I only visited Airtime to drop the plane off and pick it up. Another group member paid some visits in between so I wouldn’t have seen yours there.

First private flight of 2017 – visited Thruxton to see Reborn Aviation who are doing impressive work in bringing PA28s to better than new standard.

A couple of photos of the L18C. The first has a nice Piper Geronimo Apache in the background – a forgiving and practical twin, with real SE performance.

The next is back at Andrewsfield.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I had my first flight of 2017 yesterday and long overdue it was too…

hopefully have my second tomorrow (well my third I enjoyed a trip in the back of a Cub after my own flight yesterday)

Today it was very nice here in southwestern Germany too.

And one more of Palatinate Forest, the low mountain range to the west of our home base :

This is the Odenwald region, to the east of Mannheim but this time from a 152:

Last Edited by terbang at 06 Jan 20:58
EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message