Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First solo in 2.5 years. Great to be back in the saddle!

Welcome back to the skies!!

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

europaxs wrote:

I rented D-EZIC at EDLE 20 years ago. It’s still looking great!

Small world! And yes, she seems to have had a re-paint fairly recently.

MedEwok wrote:

I think I can estimate how it must have felt. If all goes right, I shall have my first flight in 9 months on thursday…

I was a little anxious on the ground but really took my time with the pre-flight and and checklists making sure everything was set up perfectly before getting going. Once in cruise and on my way I settled in very quickly and started to have fun! Let us know how your flight goes!

I’m very surprised to read how many of you have been grounded/haven’t flown in a while. When I was grounded I had the feeling everybody but me was flying, which was frustrating to say the least. Every time an SEP flew overhead I looked up and wished it was me! It seems I wasn’t so alone after all.

Thanks for the comments!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Lovely Katana & pictures, great to get back on the saddle !

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Apr 20:31
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thx Peter!

Peter wrote:

Exercise all aircraft systems to make sure you know them.

This part is easy…I’ve been working deeply on those for the past five months!

It’s the flying part that deserves second thinking, but yes ,i suppose it will come back quickly.

We need more stories like @NinerEchoPapa’s . Maybe @Airborne_Again ?
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Well done NinerEchoPapa and thanks for posting the trip report which will be inspiring to many others in the same situation.

And there are many, currently…

any advise from forumite expertise for getting back airborne?

Just pick a nice day, jump in, use the checklist 100%, and enjoy yourself Exercise all aircraft systems to make sure you know them. But you will be fine, after so many years of flying…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well done!

I myself have been grounded for five months for annual maintenance, slow-fashion…legal to fly again but three ldgs before taking pax. I never had a period inactivity longer than 3 mos in the past 20 years. Other than taking a safety pilot, any advise from forumite expertise for getting back airborne?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Well done. I’m in a similar position in that it’s been a couple of years since I flew but hoping to get current again soon.

Forever learning
EGTB

Well done! I enjoyed reading this, and there’s some good photos too.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Congratulations! I think I can estimate how it must have felt. If all goes right, I shall have my first flight in 9 months on thursday…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Congratulations to both your obviously successful career change and being back in the air!
I grew up in Düsseldorf and flew in Essen & Krefeld, so it’s nice to see some pics from the old home turf :-)

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message