Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flight to Lyon, France - Customs requirement

According to the facsimile of the AIP posted, no PN/PP is required to fly between The Netherlands and LFLY unless a NOTAM says otherwise. And AFAICT there is no such NOTAM.

On the other hand flying between LFLY and Sion requires PN 24 hrs.

In this case the AIP explicitly states PN (notice) – so do not expect any reply. But often even with PP (permission) they never reply.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 17 May 17:57
LFPT, LFPN

Peter wrote:

Unfortunately a lot of French airports, even “Ryanair” ones, have a long PNR on Immigration.

If that’s the case you should have no problem providing a few examples to illustrate this?

LFPT, LFPN

Peter wrote:

They also never reply…

I’ve emailed the cli-lyon@ address from the AIP and got a response within 10 minutes.

The email was French only, but with Google Translate I was able to read it.

The mail contained a “PREAVIS DE VOL DOUANE” formular, both in Word and OpenOffice format.
I will return two forms, one for the NL → FR and one for the FR → CH flight even though the first one might be obsolete.
So far so good…

If that’s the case you should have no problem providing a few examples to illustrate this?

Bergerac TUE-FRI : PPR PN 24 HR
SAT, SUN and MON : PPR PN FRI 1300

La Rochelle PN 04 HR MNM for TKOF or LDG expected between 1000 and 2200 from MON to FRI
For TKOF and LDG outside these SKED or during SAT, SUN and HOL : PN before 1800 on the last working day.

Beziers HJ O/R PPR PN 24HR

Biarritz Customs : O/R by FAX : 05 59 31 93 42 PN 24 HR
Police : H24

Perpignan Customs : PN 24 HR MNM email : [email protected] compulsory for all international flights out Schengen except commercial flights.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve send the form and got a reply:

Bonjour,

merci de remplir correctement le formulaire en indiquant sur quel aéroport francais vous allez atterrir.

bonne réception

I’m lost in translation here. This is what I filed:

You didn’t tell them which French airport you intend to land at / depart from! That’s what they are asking you to add. Add “Lyon Bron” after the “Preavis de vol sur l’aeroport de”.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 May 09:54
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

thanks boscomantico

I thought that since I’m talking to Lyon that would be obvious
I’ll try again.

It’s interesting that the form (which is meant for international pilots) is in French only and that I get emails back in French even though I address them in English.

The customs branch of Lyon probably has 20 airports in its area…

Re English: yes, these agencies have no obligation to converse in English. That’s why some people will use a handling agent as their interpreter…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 May 10:03
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Perhaps make the “Aller:” into “Lelystad – Lyon-Bron” and the “Retour:” into “Lyon-Bron – Sion” ? I know that should be obvious, but with some people one cannot be too clear. Also, I have been told that clothing with silver buttons does queer things to the human mind…

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message