Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying around Castles

Enjoi

Nuccio

N410617 E0142719
S. Agata de Goti, Benevento, Italy

Thank you again for another nice video. You know, you inspired us to buy some foldable bikes and to do fly and cycle like you, but without producing videos, just some trip reports.

EDDS , Germany

Bello Nuccio! Ever since Celano airfield was reactivated, I have wanted to fly there. But, it‘s not around the corner…

These inner areas of Central Italy (Avezzano, Sulmona, Isernia, Campobasso) are very much off the scope of foreign tourists, but that also makes them attractive.

In about three weeks, I am planning to finally return to Italy by Cirrus, hoping that Italy will then be below 50 on the Corona scale…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

These inner areas of Central Italy (Avezzano, Sulmona, Isernia, Campobasso) are very much off the scope of foreign tourists, but that also makes them attractive.

Very much so. A few minutes down the road from Sulmona is Pacentro, more or less a suburb. This foreigner went there a number of years ago Once upon a time a significant fraction of Pacentro’s population followed each other to Aliquippa, Pennsylvania to work at a steel mill, now long gone but once an employer of 27,000 people. Many of their names were (and still are) Ciccone, Cercone and similar variations on that theme.. You’d be amazed what proportion of Pacentro door plaques have those names. One descendent was a close friend of mine, another is the entertainer Madonna

Sometimes it’s fun to find a reason to go somewhere… And it’s also a great ride from Sulmona to Amalfi, which is on the opposite end of the foreign tourist spectrum.

I really enjoy Nuccio’s videos.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 25 May 03:02

Very nice. Thank you for making it and sharing.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Thank you Nuccio for the best flying videos

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message