Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying in Romania & Bulgaria - looking for tips

FYI I’ve scrapped the Burgas part of the trip because of the requirement for a PCR test so will head down to Mali Losnij or Split, maybe Dubrovnik…. Thanks for the info…..

EDL*, Germany

Be careful with your planning. Austria has declared a travel advisory for Bulgaria, Romania and Moldova, meaning you need a PCR test not older than 4 days when entering Austria from these countries. At the moment the situation everywhere is constantly in flux.

You might consider a landing at LOWW (Vienna) as it seems landing fees are now eliminated suspended… (not sure if this holds for GA aircraft too)
https://www.reuters.com/article/flughafen-wien-strategy-idUSL8N2E12ZO

Last Edited by AF at 10 Jul 16:39

@ch.ess thanks good to know

always learning
LO__, Austria

Steve6443 wrote:

Where do I get that? I requested access to their online site and was told that this is only for internal VFR flights in Bulgaria…..

You have a pm. Send him a mail, he was in Friedrichshafen and very forthcoming.

Doesn’t matter that it is inside BG, still is what you need.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@snoopy

He meant Stockerau (LOAU), I used the wrong ICAO (LOAV) from memory.
From Stockerau you can take the S4 or regional train into Vienna and (before and after Covid19) they have the courtesy car…

EDM_, Germany

Which direct connection to Vienna City from LOAV?

From LOAN you can get a taxi (15€) to the trainstation which has frequent train service to Vienna city center (55 minutes).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Bulgaria has been added to the List of countries for which quarantine has been imposed by Austria. It is likely that others will follow.

I would not recommend to risk this for the moment therefore.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Never had anything other than SD formy Balkan trips. Worked fine, seemed sufficient.
I also file along IFR waypoints rather than VFR routes. Appreciated by controllers.

EDM_, Germany

Never had a problem flying through Serbian in either direction. Often (like in Hungary) they will volunteer that you have no restriction on your planned route. Or advise you how to avoid, or whether there might be a coffee break (indeed) in the activated zone. Had the same in Bulgaria.

Dont worry too much, mostly easier than it looks on paper…

EDM_, Germany
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message