Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying longer trips with a female without a comfort stop / in-flight toilet options

You guys have covered them all. I find the best solution for me and my passengers is Rest Stop and a surgical pad to be place under you and top of the seat in case of misdirection. Women have used them as well. And everyone ends the event with a smile.

I know Im going to get hammered for this by all the political correct nazis but…Its amazing how few times it happens that women have to go in the air as opposed having to pulling into a rest stop when driving. It must be due to lower atmospheric pressure in the plane.

KHTO, LHTL

Older men tend to go more often because the prostate grows and pushes up against the bladder.

But it’s also much easier for a man to pee into a bottle because he has directional control

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Michael wrote:

I have another friend that has flown around the world in a Twin Comanche. He told me that he carried a long drainage needle that he would puncture his bladder with if he ever had an in-flight urological emergency in some remote place or over the ocean.

When undertaking a flight around the world, I can understand you want to get prepared to any bad event, and look for “in-flight emergency solutions”.
But puncturing a bladder is not “that easy”, and the risks to end with a bad hemorrhage should not be under estimated.

I think I would prefer try something with an urethral probe, which for a man, seated in a plane, should not be a fun moment either.

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 31 Oct 11:10

1-2% mortality off the top of my head. And typically they’re inserted lying down – where the bladder would be sitting upright, I’m not quite sure.

I have a pilot relieve tube installed. This is what it looks like inside:

And here is where it goes:

The previous owner of the installed it and I don’t know who actually did it, so I can’t tell anything about that. However, I find it a blessing. It’s of little use to Mrs. terbang and she’s very jealous!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

That is similar to the PA46 system.

However pilots say they don’t want to use it due to the disinfection required afterwards.

But you must have something. Landing could be highly hazardous in the wrong kind of wx.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

How do you make sure your dentures stay in place in medium and severe turbulence?

What about replacing the unused “Instructors” category with “Geriatric Issues”?

Urine is a topic that is a tiny bit overrepresented on this forum, no?

Last Edited by achimha at 31 Oct 12:11

Peter wrote:

However pilots say they don’t want to use it due to the disinfection required afterwards.

To avoid misapprehensions, it’s only meant for “number one” Note that this comment may also help to make this forum less urine centric

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Urine is a topic that is a tiny bit overrepresented on this forum, no?

Thank you

The importance of the subject may be relative to the average flight duration, which I think is higher here than on most other pilot forums. Plus, even if most pilots are men and older men at that, especially these longer flights require both a fair deal of available time and an ample budget; younger people sometimes have one, sometimes the other, but rarely both. In that respect, I am like a very young man :(

Last Edited by at 31 Oct 13:34
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message