Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Brno

First time to Czechia, and Brno. Has anyone been there that might give a heads up on what to expect.
Flight will be with the company jet, so expecting to use handling service (required?).

Thnx, Krister

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

I was there sometime in July. We used the airport handling (don’t know if it is mandatory, but wouldn’t know how to get the passengers from the aircraft to the terminal otherwise) and paid around 500 Euros for everything (with a C560). Some light catering for the return flight was included in that bill, also the transport to our day use hotel (Best Western) downtown and back IIRC. There is a crew lounge with a coffee machine and a self-briefing station at the airport, but it is no place for comfortably staying longer than a couple of hours. Don’t remember if there is any food available at the terminal as we spent the day in town and my previous visit was quite some time ago. LKTB itself is very straightforward, both flying- and handling wise. Not much traffic and sufficient staff for quick check-in when the passengers arrive (other than some eastern German airports where security staff take ten minutes or longer to walk the 100m from the main terminal to the GA terminal…).

EDDS - Stuttgart

I’m in LKTB 3 or 4 times a year, it’s a nice airport for some IFR practice. I’m not aware of any obligatory handling, definitely not for SEP/MEP.

The most likely approach is ILS 28, expect early clearance to the FAF. Departures usually get DCT’s shortly after takeoff.

In summer season, there are some charter flights, but otherwise everything’s very relaxed …

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

LKTB is easy, no handling is mandatory, I fly there very often and pay around EUR60 (with Socata TB-20, 1400kg MTOW, staying for two hours). There is practically no traffic there, only few charter flights during summer season, which is now almost over. There are very few regular flights per day, main traffic consists of IFR training flights flying approaches over and over again (recently I was there with my instructor and we made around eight approaches in a row :-)).
When flying there, they will probably ask you (radar or tower freq) what are your intensions after landing. I always say that I would like to park at GA apron and stay two hours, half a day etc. After landing you get directions to GA apron where there is a marshaller waiting for you. Before you manage to switch everything off and get out of the airplane, there will be a car waiting for you to get you 200 – 300m to the terminal. That is all.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Thanks guys!
Company flight so my passenger will have to manage himself I think… :)

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

I fly there very often and pay around EUR60

If you declare a training flight (doesn’t need to be training for the purpose of gaining a license), it’s about half that sum. I always pay 38 Euros (1220 kg).

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Company flight so my passenger will have to manage himself I think… :)

Not a very customer-friendly attitude! Just saying….

Haha, it’s mandated by the boss, not me… :)
If we had paying customers it would be a different story.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

By the way, do not forget to report your actual experience at LKTB when back home again.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Will do!

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message