Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to France from Germany: Airport of entry needed?

@Michelb, you cannot even trust what officials tell you. This became very clear when the Flemmish aeronautical association contacted the police somewhere in northern France and were told that they could only enter France through a port of entry, which was later rebutted by some police chief.

A link to the Arrêté is here.

So you can basically chose what to believe:

• a random French policeman
  • the Arrêté
  • information gathered on forums
  • a combination of the above

During the state of emergency, and also before and since, I have strictly complied with AIP and NOTAMs and flown directly from a non-customs airport in France to The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland, Denmark, without any PPR or other formalities because no PPR or other formalities were ever required to or from that airport.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 09 Jun 11:55
LFPT, LFPN

Sorry, I had forgotten to answer : I did receive an answer from Lyons DSAC. The text is quite clear : no need to go through Customs since the end of the state of urgency (NOV 17), provided your flight is intra-Schengen.
I’m just back from Alderney for which I had to clear Customs. I chose Cherbourg, quick and friendly. And Dinard on the way back, which I found very unpleasant, although the gas is cheap (1,85).
I had never been to Alderney before, due to weather, the arrival is amazing.
Michel

LFLG - Grenoble le Versoud, France
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message