Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Iran - a good idea?

@alioth: good point, but it would not stop me if I wanted to go.

EDLE, Netherlands

One thing you may need to consider – if you go to Iran (for the forseeable future), you are no longer elegible for visa-free travel to the United States.

Andreas IOM

Pouyan wrote:

Don’t ever confuse Iranian people with Iranian Government.

You are right, that is also the case in Germany. By the way, I do know a FI in Berlin from Iran, very friendly man who speaks perfect german language.

Berlin, Germany

I have a friend that is from Iran who told me about the open and modern culture found at home in Iran as opposed to the public life on the streets. I am interested and glad we have someone on the forum now that can help out. I am not sure when I would want to come due to a trip I am planning to India to fly there around India, which is a challenge of its own.

EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

Is it because I speak English?

People in general are keen to speak to Tourists from foreign countries but due to lack of english language skills (most Iranian people don’t speak english) my theory is they probably could not understand you.
But I’ve managed to get things all sorted out, you can contact me and I’ll provide you with any information you need.

highflyer wrote:
I`ve already thought about flying to Iran but I should have done that before 1979.
Nice photo, but why do not we see a woman? Is this a men`s club?

Yes you probably would have an easier time doing that before 1978, since Iran had great relations with other countries back then. right now we have countless problems, our economy is collapsing, but Persian hospitality has not changed.
Don’t ever confuse Iranian people with Iranian Government.
There were many women attending as well, I’ll include some more photos from Sam Chui trip report, take a look:

Snoopy wrote:

I think it’s pretty cool that someone from Iran signed up here and offers help… what a nice difference to the crap the news make one think (not that I pay too much attention to media anymore anyway). All I can offer is that flying over Iran the ATC is super helpful and easygoing (the ever same guy manning air defense included).

That’s the spirit! :)

Peter wrote:

MD, I have just read that airliner travel report. However I don’t think that is hard. You can go on various guided tours around Iran, and I am sure security on the ground in Iran is OK for western tourists. You get “supervised” in general, to make sure you aren’t engaging in subversion etc. But GA travel to these places needs to be organised via the authorities.

It is indeed great to hear from Iranians posting here.

Yes I can confirm it’s super easy and straightforward to attend guided tours around Iran. GA travel is a bit complicated because of AVGAS availability problems and some other factors but still nothing to worry about. I’ve managed to have meetings with an Aviation Company and we can provide AVGAS almost anywhere but you need to inform us way in advance and all your paperwork, permits,fuel and ground handling works plus guided tours and Hotel can be handled by us on your request. all we wish to be able to do is to provide means for GA pilots to fly to Iran easily and we hope to see as many Aircraft as possible.

Last Edited by Pouyan at 01 Aug 06:10
Iran

MD, I have just read that airliner travel report. However I don’t think that is hard. You can go on various guided tours around Iran, and I am sure security on the ground in Iran is OK for western tourists. You get “supervised” in general, to make sure you aren’t engaging in subversion etc. But GA travel to these places needs to be organised via the authorities.

It is indeed great to hear from Iranians posting here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think it’s pretty cool that someone from Iran signed up here and offers help… what a nice difference to the crap the news make one think (not that I pay too much attention to media anymore anyway). All I can offer is that flying over Iran the ATC is super helpful and easygoing (the ever same guy manning air defense included).

always learning
LO__, Austria

highflyer wrote:

LOL, well… there was a whole bunch of folks from all over the world who took the not so insignificant trouble to travel to Iran to fly on the last 747SP.

And I bet there were a good lot of women at home wondering why on earth anyone should do that :)

Maybe the answer can be found in this report by a friend of mine who has actually been there.

Mind: Tis Meyers website will most likely keep you busy for a while! He is one of the best photographers I know and also quite a good storyteller. And he’s been places to fly exotic airplanes most of us won’t even dream of.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 31 Jul 22:01
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Pouyan wrote:

there are many people who visited Iran and had their mind blown by just how different it is to what they expected.

I`ve already thought about flying to Iran but I should have done that before 1979.

AeroPlus wrote:

I am convinced that all is ok in Iran.

Really? Take a look what happens on the streets: link

Berlin, Germany

I am convinced that all is ok in Iran. I did some research on it last year and was interested in skiing there as well. I think that I called 3 or 4 aviation companies. Maybe you can explain why they would disconnect. Is it because I speak English?

EDLE, Netherlands
83 Posts
Sign in to add your message