Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why file (or not) a MOR?

Timothy wrote:

This is a typical example of losing the concept of “policing by consent”. By over-egging the pudding, they are putting people off the whole reporting system.

Let alone that to some bureaucrats and prosecutors this system is like Xmas and Easter in one. They abuse just culture for their own devices.

Timothy wrote:

A properly functioning reporting system is the bedrock of aviation safety and for a bunch of anal bureaucrats to wreck it by pushing it too far is criminal.

One feedback I got to a forum message elsewhere on that subject unfortunately tells the truth….

“Just Culture never existed. It was a Red Herring invented to get people to be stupid enough to indict themselfs. Now we see the consequences. You can be sure that nobody I know will ever make that mistake again…”

You are right, to destroy this is criminal. So why do people who use the system in good faith go to prison or get fined instead of those who willingly abuse it?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It’s not clear to me that every poster has informed themselves of what AMC 20-8 says (it is 18 pages long of which about three and a half is the list for operators) but what it actually says about reporting fuel spills is:

“IV.AIR NAVIGATION SERVICES, FACILITIES AND GROUND SERVICES

B.Aerodrome and Aerodrome Facilities(
1)Significant spillage during fuelling operations”

So a teaspoon of fuel spilled by a pilot during a first flight of the day fuel check is clearly not included.

strip near EGGW

“Significant” is a circular definition in this context.

EGKB Biggin Hill
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message