Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR flight plans for the Netherlands must go via fax or email (Autorouter won't file VFR for NL)

For those (like me) who struggle to find the address for the system, given it’s not easily accessible from LVNL, I’ll post it here: https://hbs.ixosystem.eu/

EGTF, LFTF

If an ARO requested that I submit something by fax, I’d ask them “what is a fax?”

LSZK, Switzerland

denopa wrote:

For those (like me) who struggle to find the address for the system, given it’s not easily accessible from LVNL, I’ll post it here: https://hbs.ixosystem.eu/

Don’t forget that you need to re-register if you had an account on the previous homebriefing.nl website. The new site is horribly, horribly broken at the moment, for example had last Saturday a flurry of calls from Langen as a flight plan I had canceled via the web site was not correctly propagated via AFTN. The user interface for flight plan filing is compared to the old version a massive step backwards and now emulates the paper version of the form (and don’t get me started on the UI design/colour scheme, my nephews did better work in Kindergarten with their crayons):

Fingers crossed that despite the statement in ENR 1.10 1.1.2.3.2 (“AFTN or SITA shall not be used for submission of flight plans and or flight plan related messages (except messages from other AROs).”) Skydemon/EuroFPL will work.

EHRD / Rotterdam

Skydemon worked totally fine in two occasions last Thursday.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Skydemon worked totally fine in two occasions last Thursday.

Excellent! I wonder why the Dutch insist keeping the strange prohibition in the AIP if de facto everything works with the usual tools …

EHRD / Rotterdam

Well, AFAIK, the usual tools, or at least Skydemon, have developed some workaround solutions which are ok for the Dutch AIS.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

They might be using an email to fax gateway.

They still exist… I had mine until about a year ago, and it was free, but I got rid of it and the fax 2 email gateway also because the latter was costing some money (due to the rental of the incoming fax number).

If NL want faxes, this is the easiest way to do it.

SD uses EuroFPL for flight plan filing.

EasyVFR uses Rocketroute, AFAIK. Details above. Looks like NL do offer an electronic connection, for B2B users only.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just wondered if there was any update or improvement on this since last year? Autorouter proposes a VIZ flight plan when departing Middleburg for Germany but warns as before:

The Netherlands currently do not accept VFR flight plans departing within the Netherlands via AFTN in violation of international standards. We recommend filing directly via LVNL.

I presume if I do try to file this via Autorouter it will be rejected.

So what is the most reliable method of filing this and ensuring it is accepted? The choice seems to be between
1) Dutch LVNL homebriefing filing system (although registration as a foreigner may require some persistence)
2) Telephone call to the ARO in the Netherlands

As others have said, I have never had a problem for trips to the Netherlands when filing VFR via SkyDemon or IFR via Autorouter.

Last Edited by DavidC at 27 Apr 10:41
FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Just give them a call and file by telephone. +31 20 406 23 15

Happy flying!

EHTE, Netherlands

DavidC wrote:

So what is the most reliable method of filing this and ensuring it is accepted? The choice seems to be between
1) Dutch LVNL homebriefing filing system (although registration as a foreigner may require some persistence)
2) Telephone call to the ARO in the Netherlands

Or Skydemon or RocketRoute, who have established a non-AFTN electronic communication channel to the Dutch AIS for that. Or for international routes (especially from non-NL to NL), the AIS office of the other country (e.g. via that country’s homebriefing-like solution).

ELLX
Sign in to add your message