Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Foreflight - how to close flightplan after arrival?

Hi. How to do this, so send Arrival message?

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

Click ‘flights’, scroll on the one you are after and press ‘Close’, remember, this only works on pure VFR FPL sent via AFTN

India, Yankee, Zulu flight plans sent via IFPS, you should phone ATS or ARO (if tower ATC/AFIS are not around)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I have only cancel (and its not the same). I had today problem with this after landing.

EKRN, Denmark

I imagine you need to “activate” (DEP) yourself in ForeFlight before sending “close” (ARR) yourself in ForeFlight (same in SkyDemon), I am not sure “cancel” from iPad works if your VFR FPL was initially activated by ATS (I will double check if it sends ARR message)

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Apr 17:51

@Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight may be of help. Or emailing the Foreflight support directly, they are usually helpful. If you do find the solution or get it by email, post it here :)

Last Edited by lionel at 18 Apr 18:10
ELLX

ForeFlight does not process Activate or Close of VFR flight plans except in the US. In the US, Leidos provides an interface through which VFR flight plans may be activated and subsequently closed.

KUZA, United States

so where did

Click ‘flights’, scroll on the one you are after and press ‘Close’, remember, this only works on pure VFR FPL sent via AFTN

come from?

European flight plan filing apps use the “famous” KBLIHAEX AFTN gateway which is in the US and isn’t free by any means.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

NCYankee wrote:

ForeFlight does not process Activate or Close of VFR flight plans except in the US. In the US, Leidos provides an interface through which VFR flight plans may be activated and subsequently closed.

Looks like. Thats pitty. I had today big problems to close FPL in france as German service couldn’t do this, they was connecting me to French office where noone was picking up the phone.

When I make FPL via EuroFPL I can close it even if it wasn’t activated by me but by tower.

EKRN, Denmark

European flight plan filing apps use the “famous” KBLIHAEX AFTN gateway which is in the US and isn’t free by any means.

ForeFlight does not process Activate or Close of VFR flight plans except in the US

Is that blocked by ForeFlight outside US? I definetly used it, maybe in US

Edit: I just checked, it does not even list “activate” in green (only cancel & amend)

I had today big problems to close FPL in france as German service couldn’t do this, they was connecting me to French office where noone was picking up the phone

SkyDemon can Close VFR FPL (comes handy in France), it’s quiker than calling +33156301301

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Apr 20:05

I recently learned that skydemon allows you to do this – very convenient!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message