Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Reroute an existing flightplan, FCM message

Is it possible to change the route of a flightplan without cancelling and refiling? I believe technically a CHG message can do that, but with autorouter or EuroFPL? This would allow to reroute to avoid a sector giving a bad slot without being tagged late filer…

Also, how can one send a « FCM » message?

Yesterday, my second leg was suspended during my first leg. My understanding is that the slot would have been so bad (« delay exceeding threshold value ») that Eurocontrol wasn’t even giving me one, inviting me to first confirm I still wanted to depart (« FCM message »), even if severely delayed.

The AIS office of my tech stop aerodrome, where I ran in a state of confusion and semi-panic, seemed well-intentioned, but unable to understand the issue and only to phone Eurocontrol, who apparently refused to speak to me directly. Myself, I understood only later, with some search engine on the terms.

Your flight plan was suspended at 2019-09-28 10:20Z. Please check the message and contact ATC if required. Depending on the cause, you may receive a de-suspension message later.

The following comments were given:

SUSPENDED DUE TO DELAY EXCEEDING THRESHOLD VALUE. SEND FCM BEFORE RESPBY TO SECURE PTOT. ALTERNATIVELY, REROUTE, OR UPDATE EOBT WITH A DLA MSG, OR CNL
We thank you for using our services.

autorouter team

ELLX

Surprising that nobody has come across this before.

I have never heard of a flight plan change option. I wonder if @airways might know?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes you can modify the route via a CHG message. I use Eurofpl to do this.

In the EBBU FIR our flow position is able to send FCM-messages If you ask them. Your flight would get desuspended pretty fast after that.
Very surprised your AIS office didn’t point you in that direction. Not sure if the flow’s phone number is still in the AIP or on the website. I can practically ask my wife to desuspend my flights :-)

EBST, Belgium
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message