Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cringeworthy landings / instruction

The design requirements specify that a stall warning must sound by not less than 5 knots before the stall in all configurations, and must not be warning more than 10 knots before the stall in all configurations. I have found properly rigged planes to conform to this very well. The installation of a STOL wing cuff on a Cessna will affect this, and the stall warning must be adjusted.

Stall warning systems can become inoperative. That’s no excuse for a horrible landing, though may be reason for a longer one….

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Pilot_DAR wrote:

Okay, as long as you plan for the reality that doing so displaces your flare down the runway a few hundred feet

I often just “hoover” a few feet off the runway until I reach the correct exit. Full flaps and enough throttle to have a decent speed. When I want to land, idle and keep the alt until the speed has dropped to approximately short field final speed. You can do this also when coming in fast. There is no need to flare forever (although the effect is much the same, only with much better control of the aircraft). It’s not the “proper” way to land I’m sure, but fun to do.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Snoopy wrote:

I’ve never seen such appalling landings. Where is this? Which flight school? It’s like they train for consistent bounces…

It’s in Taiwan, Taitung airport (RCFN)

43 Posts
Sign in to add your message