Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FI/CRI revalidation of non-NAA papers

Hi,

Can an EASA FI/CRI with fcl.945 sign the revalidation page of a part-fcl issued by a different NAA? say a UK EASA FI is able to do revalidation on a French EASA PPL and reverse?

I understand for Flight Examiners it is clear they have to hold a letter of authorisation by the licence regulator (I recall UK CAA asked me for the whole paper lot for an IAA FE ) but I can’t find any reference for FIs/CRIs

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Check the examiner differences document.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks, I have read that conclusion: for France an FE need authorisation for exam but not for lpc/revalidation/renewal but he is not allowed to signoff (only fill forms), my guess the same would apply to FIs/CRIs doing FCL945?

Anyway, I sent an inquiry email

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I did a SEP revalidation by experience with a UK FI.

To get it added to my French licence, I had to email the DGAC a copy of the instructor’s licence and a copy of the relevant page of my logbook.

They then printed me a new licence with the qualification.

The UK FI didn’t sign anything.

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

Bordeaux_Jim wrote:

I did a SEP revalidation by experience with a UK FI.
To get it added to my French licence, I had to email the DGAC a copy of the instructor’s licence and a copy of the relevant page of my logbook.
They then printed me a new licence with the qualification.
The UK FI didn’t sign anything.

But James, that was just a regular hour with an EASA instructor. I have done an hour with instructors from various countries for revalidation, but unlike under JAR, now only country of issue Examiners can sign off your licence.
The DGAC still let you pitch up to the local office and get your revalidation, or in your case let you send it in and will send you your licence back revalidated.

Regards, SD..

now only country of issue Examiners can sign off your licence.

My license from country A is routinely signed and revalidated by examiners from country B, C etc..

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

My license from country A is routinely signed and revalidated by examiners from country B, C etc..

Are you absolutely sure there is no interaction from your EASA licence state’s Authority (as in the DGAC case James refers to above) to your licence? I know (because I tried, believe me) it was not possible for a French Examiner to sign off my UK issued EASA PPL, or any other EASA state examiner to revalidate a UK issued EASA PPL by experience.
A French Examiner (or any other) could have done a Revalidation by test having filled in some UK paperwork (something our aeroclub Examiner wasnt really prepared to do). I looked into this 2 years ago and 4 years ago, so know this was the case in my circumstances after EASA came in. Under JAR I did indeed revalidate by experience via several other countries examiners – EASA changed this for sure in my case.

I now have a French EASA PPL…so I dont care !!

Regards. SD..

Whether foreign examiners can revalidate the ratings in a country’s licence depends on that country’s decision. See the EASA examiner differences document. local copy E.g. Austria allows issues a blanket authorisation to all EASA examiners, but Luxembourg does not.

ELLX

Only examiners administered by the same competent authority may endorse a licence to revalidate a rating other than by a proficiency check.

London, United Kingdom

There’s no interaction other than sending the signed forms to the authority after the proficiency check.

always learning
LO__, Austria
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message