Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German Squawk Listening Area vs TMZ ?

arj1 wrote:

TMZ+RMZ? Close enough…

In that case you would have to call ATC, while the AIP-Germany page says that you should not unless they call you.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There is a German NFL out there says says that you must maintain radio contact inside the TMZ.
I agree it‘s terrible.

And oh, it‘s not the German CAA (LBA) that published it. It‘s the DFS (i.e. the German ATC Agency).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks for the updates

To be precise, it is Part of the ENR Part of the German AIP now… for better or worse.

EDM_, Germany

@boscomantico
I just re-checked the NfL, and there still is no two-way radio communication mandate within the German TMZ. On the contrary, they emphasize you should just maintain a listening watch and not initiate communications.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Maybe, but what I was getting at is that in a German TMZ it is no longer sufficient to squawk the prescribed code.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

reopening this as I simply need guidance. I did check German AIP online, there are TMZs and RMZs defined. OK, but where, the hell, are listening squawks and frequencies defined? Memmingen TMZ is defined in ENR 2.2-12 But no frequency, no listening squawk there. Checking also AD for EDJA – no infor there. It´s shown on Skydemon only so dial 4404 and listen on 129.450. But I would like to find out where Skydemon does it know from. Some law published in german only?
danke

LKKU, LKTB

NfL 1-1870-20 (requires registration at DFS)

Awareness_Kampagne_TMZ_HB_pdf

Last Edited by Clipperstorch at 08 Apr 21:25
EDQH, Germany

Michal wrote:

But I would like to find out where Skydemon does it know from. Some law published in german only?

It’s in the German VFR AIP.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

well, that´s exactly the question – where in AIP? German AIP is available free online – excluding VFR “approach plates” as we all know. Is there any other portion of German AIP not available? I did purchase DFS plates for Skydemon but looks these are only plates. And plates for a given airport nor textual AIP information contains this listening squawk
BTW, I haven´t found anywhere on DFS page how to pay for VFR plates. Is there any direct way with DFS or the only way is via Skydemo/EasyVFR or other third parties?

Last Edited by Michal at 09 Apr 11:10
LKKU, LKTB
Sign in to add your message