Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spectacular helicopter aerobatics

@kwlf Give to this pilot the ability and I bet he will do everything.

Those hobby pilots are pretty bold… one mistake and it’s the same consequences as it is for us
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2413231/Roman-Pirozek-Jr-Man-decapitates-remote-control-helicopter.html

There used to be a nice BBC documentation on muster pilots with great footage several years ago, which really shows their skills in this relatively underpowered piston helicopters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-12408888

Unfortunately I cannot locate it on the internet anymore but I do have a local copy of this film, if anybody is interested. Not sure, how to share it.

EDAQ, Germany

How big is the mp4?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@aart, MBB was the product of a merger between Messerschmitt, Bölkow and Blöhm which became DASA (Deutsche Aerospace) which was sold to Daimler Chrysler and then merged with Aérospatiale to become Eurocopter which then became part of EADS which was again merged… and eventually the Eurocopter trade name was eliminated in favor of the most recent parent company name.

That leaves us today with descendants of the Bölkow 105 being made by a company called Airbus Helicopters, apparently their idea of an appealing marketing image

I think the last use of the MBB name was for delivery truck lift gates, and I still see them when behind trucks at stop lights. Ludwig Bölkow was a prolific industrialist. His company during his time built wood aircraft, aluminum aircraft, composite sailplanes and helicopters, with the helicopters in updated form still being made in the original plant. The EC135 was originally the Bölkow 108 prototype.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Jul 17:52

How big is the mp4?
@peter 160 megs

Last Edited by slowflyer at 19 Jul 19:50
EDAQ, Germany

@silvaire

Not to forget the infamous workhorse BK117, developed by Bölkow and Kawasaki

EDAQ, Germany

Here’s Slowflyer’s video. Amazing stuff

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
28 Posts