Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KLN94 database change: showing the missed approach - why?

RobertL18C wrote:

I disagree Garmin logic the approach is loaded below and completely independent of the current flight plan

You wrote about the KLN94:

The IAF is loaded after the destination airport in FPL0,

If “FPL0” means the active flight plan, then exactly the same thing happens in a Garmin unit. In any case, there is no “sub page” as you talk about.

and the flight plan will not sequence to the approach unless approach activate is selected in the procedures menu, then it is a direct to the IAF.

That is incorrect. The approach can be “activated” in that way and maybe most often is, but it can equally well be “activated” by an explicit DCT to some point in the approach (the IAF, IM…) or by editing the flight plan (e.g. removing the destination airport waypoint) so that it will sequence into the approach. (I don’t like the word “activate” because there is no “activation” as such in a Garmin unit. See my post #5 above.)

In any case, according to your description of the KLN94:

and to activate the approach you use direct to IAF.

So what’s different compare to a Garmin unit?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Life is short @A_A let me just end this with Garmin having a specific activate approach menu command.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Going back to the start, why would HBK have changed their databases so that the post-airport waypoints are now showing, when they were not showing say a year or two ago?

Admittedly this might be airport-specific.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Life is short A_A let me just end this with Garmin having a specific activate approach menu command.

I agree. Let me end by repeating myself. The Garmin activate approach menu command does exactly a DCT to the IAF – absolutely nothing else. So you never need to use it if you don’t want to. You can either go direct to the IAF using the DCT button or you can edit the flight plan so that it will sequence into the approach.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 07 Aug 09:45
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message