Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Youngest woman around the world (Zara Rutherford)

If someone.flew round the world pole to pole to pole, that would possibly account for 3 world records under the Guiness system.
1) Round the world (this would possibly be an attempt as it had already been done and needs something like oldest, youngest, tallest, fattest to rank as a record.) The “rules” for the record were verified by Guiness but not set by them. They were possibly set by the first to do it and will have been modified within certain boundaries since then.
2) A possible world record for the first person to fly around the world pole to pole to pole
3) A third might be considered as the 1st person to do it starting and ending at the North pole or South pole if it had been done that way.
To these you could also add records for the youngest, oldest, fattest, ugliest etc.
Guiness just records these things in a book and invigilates to verify that the records are comparitive.
So if ĹeSving wants to do it by his rules he only needs to apply to Guiness to invigilate a record if there is a record to be had. Eg the general public and buyers of the Guiness book of records don’t give a damn how you break the record as long as there is a clear one to break or to set.

France

Fully agree to Gallois. Guinness is a franchise by a media and entertainment company. They are not really interested in actual achievements but much more in marketability and attention it generates. It is a good thing for some efforts to use such attention to generate funding. “First RTW Flight of an obese pilot with one arm tied to the back” would be a perfect “record” for Guinness.

The only records that really count in aviation are the FAI records.

Germany

@Malibuflyer

I’d be inclined to agree were it not for the FAI minimum distance requirement being the length of the tropic of cancer.

That’s it.

It’s not even the length of the equator – which would strike me as a much more appropriate minimum.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

similar article in my local newspaper today… so, she’s done it? In any case sincere congrats!
Whatever the motives and help received, it takes massive amounts of dedication to complete a RTW flight.
Well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 and good luck for your future career Zara 🤞🏻👍🏻

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

She is planning to arrive back in EBKT tomorrow.

EBMO, EBKT

I understand Ms Rutherford has completed the circumnavigation

Great achievement for a young pilot

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I had the privilege of meeting the previous ‘youngest Earthrounder’ at Booker. He said that he did not expect to hold the title for long!

Sincerest congratulations for such a magnificent achievement. “Young people are not what they used to be”. Oh yes they are!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

She has arrived this noon in my home airport Kortrijk (EBKT). Massive press attendance. Approach in formation with the Belgian Airforce’s Red Devils Marchettis.

Congratulations !

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Well done, and gratulations 👍

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message