Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Summer flying - have people managed to get out much?

Over 300 hrs. this year and counting :-) Great weather actually all year along.

EDLE, Netherlands

Over 300 hrs. this year and counting :-) Great weather actually all year along.

That is great. I am at about 190. 300 is a lot of flying. Not moonlighting for KLM are you?

EGTK Oxford

Prop strike on the 5th May. Aircraft returned to service 16th September. Whose idea was this thread?

Unfortunately I do know how you feel. I had a prop strike when my brand new TB20 had just 1hr on it. A pothole... the instructor (RHS; differences training) immediately commented "well I am glad I wasn't in charge". He then said "I would not have taxied the Aztec through there". I asked him why he would not have done so, when my instrument panel alone was worth more than the whole Aztec. His reply was that the Aztec has long wings which bend up and down when you taxi so a prop strike is more likely (I am not kidding). It was a huge learning experience - in more ways than one as you can imagine! Took about 8 weeks to do. The insurer (Haywards) paid up instantly, no problems at all. £20k.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Two months into a never ending "annual" so minus bugger all flying done...

Egnm, United Kingdom

50% less than the usual ,despite the excelent weather.Reasons were:

-Discovery and implementation of 10 new Taxes on real or fictional issues.70-80% of your income flies away.

-The general bad mood around.

-Stupid PPRs and Handling implementation for Nil traffic AFIS.

LGGG

Over 300 hrs. this year and counting :-)

Wow! Hour building for an airline career ;-)) ?

I've done about 30 hours so far, most of those in the US. Some great trips (Napa, Grand Canyon). Not much flying in Europe so far, will probably get another 10 hours or so in over here during the rest of the year. Which brings me pretty much to my long-term average of 30-40 hours p.a. Not as much as I'd like to, but hey, better than sitting on the ground!

Usually I do a lot of instructing over the summer when business flying is quiet, but this year, it was the other way round. Lots of business flights the whole summer and no time for students. So far I have done slightly above 200 hours this year - if it continues like that I will get my ususal 300 to 350 hours by the end of 2013. Normal figures for a part-time shorthaul business aviator.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Grounded due to gall stones, so just under 100 hrs

United Kingdom

Well, gall stones means just removing the gallbladder and you can continue flying, isn't it?

120 hrs so far since January.

EDXQ

Well, gall stones means just removing the gallbladder and you can continue flying, isn't it?

And presumably once removed you have more useful load...

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message