Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Spain on F-reg CNRA/CNSK and G-reg LAA PtF ?

Has anyone flown permit aircraft to Spain and has gone route of validating a restricted papers?

Also for logistics are these prohibited in ANEA airport? can one fly in CTR without transponder?

This is for French Jodel & UK Turbulent and both seems to fall under Aficionado/Amateur construction, the airworthiness validation form seems to be this one?

Form

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Aug 10:15
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Hi Ibra, just back from Spain with my home built. Fill out the form, scan it and send it to [email protected]. Answer (=permission) came next day. Bon vol.

Karl is that still a 6 month permission as it was a.couple of years ago or is it a one off thing? The last guy I spoke to said he just filed a FPL for his homebult and went, and he said no one was interested in anything else.
But he does have 8.33 radio and mode S transponder.

Last Edited by gallois at 08 Aug 11:37
France

Notifying your flight in Spain (and getting AENA’s confirmation or not..) should indicate the period you intend to fly there. There is a maximum of 6 months which could be either a one-time six months period, or say six times one month. The notification as a rule is one thing, enforcement is another. The current situation as I understand it, is that ULM/experimentals are allowed to to higher than 1.000 ft AGL, but not enter CAS, and therefore by definition cannot go to an AENA-field. Some minor exceptions like going to LESB Mallorca and LESL Menorca, just in the CTR of the larger airports.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Karl_Acht wrote:

Hi Ibra, just back from Spain with my home built. Fill out the form, scan it and send it to [email protected]. Answer (=permission) came next day. Bon vol.

Thanks for the confirmation, the form says max 6 months which is more than enough

aart wrote:

The current situation as I understand it, is that ULM/experimentals are allowed to to higher than 1.000 ft AGL, but not enter CAS, and therefore by definition cannot go to an AENA-field. Some minor exceptions like going to LESB Mallorca and LESL Menorca, just in the CTR of the larger airports

Happy to fly under 500ft AGL and avoid AENA all together, just inquiring about rules & logsitics

gallois wrote:

The last guy I spoke to said he just filed a FPL for his homebult and went, and he said no one was interested in anything else.
But he does have 8.33 radio and mode S transponder.

Thats true and also my experience. But, it is simple to be legal at least this year when you get a response on the form.

aart wrote:

The current situation as I understand it, is that ULM/experimentals are allowed to to higher than 1.000 ft AGL, but not enter CAS, and therefore by definition cannot go to an AENA-field.

I fly always above 9000 ft cause of temperature. And I’m fully equiped, so would never hesitate to enter CAS. Zarragossa and Madrid are very friendly, nearly always very good english. Most problems come from frequencies. Skydemon and easyVFR are not always right. So one should be prepared for this case. Sometimes transit is approved explicitly. Sometimes you hear “no traffic reported” which means the same IMO.

All sorted using form & email above

The form contains this wording:

“The aircraft operation will be performed in accordance with the limitations included in the airworthiness certificate or permit to fly.”

- Would this imply that if a N-reg experimental is IFR-approved by the FAA it can be legally operated under IFR in Spain by a suitably licensed PIC?

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland

I would read that in the “restrictive” sense which applies to most aviation certification and regulation i.e. if IFR is not prohibited by the State of Registry (on the Permit, in this case) and not prohibited by the local airspace regs, then you are good to go.

In most of Europe, it is the 2nd one which gets you. Otherwise an N-reg “Experimental” would be wonderful; most of the don’t have the “VFR-only” restriction which is typically found on European-reg “amateur builts”. A Lancair Evolution could fly IFR everywhere

Search

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message