Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

L2K airport becomes QE2 airport, and consultation on the airport's future

https://www.aerobuzz.fr/breves-transport-aerien/laeroport-du-touquet-rebaptise-elisabeth-ii/

The name change is made, but the article adds that the current airport management will be replaced by a contractor like Vinci, Edeis or else. Given past experiences, it is not good news

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

the article adds that the current airport management will be replaced by a contractor like Vinci, Edeis or else. Given past experiences, it is not good news

The consultation was closed in January 2022, nothing public yet on the outcome, Edeis would be the nail in the coffin for French GA and UK GA, fingers crossed !

L2K

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Sep 08:32
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I don’t understand. Is there some missing punctuation? Do you mean it is continuing, or it has been closed?

Edeis famously lost the battle with French police at Cherbourg – or maybe they had a deal with the police? OTOH I would think losing most traffic is not in Edeis’ interest – or are they paid the same regardless? The politics of this stuff must be really deep. It’s come up here many times and nobody is willing or able to post any hint of what is going on within French police.

LFAT charges ~€35 + which should be long term viable, and as other French airports “close up” they will get more and more business, plus frequent IR training traffic from FTOs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The consultation regarding the new management of LFAT was closed in January 2022

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Sep 08:32
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Any info on the proceedings?

It would be ultra ironic if the QE2 airport was de facto inaccessible to UK visitors.

Administrator

Link

It seems to be on track.

LFOU, France

When the date of the ‘renaming’ Ceremony/Event is announced, I hope that many GA pilots will wish to attend to symobilse our support.
Perhaps an event for a EuroGA Fly Out?

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

A far bigger issue is that the airport has been sold, with the new owner committing to resurfacing and upgrading the runway.

Apparently the local town has a veto on increasing landing fees, but that is all very well and good until they declare that either the airport shuts because it’s unprofitable, or the fees go up.

The handover is sometime in September.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

the airport has been sold

Do you have a URL?

Their price has been slowly going up, so it certainly isn’t totally fixed.

The airport told me they don’t get any subsidies (e.g. the common French Chamber of Commerce ones) and have to raise all money themselves.

It would be a disaster if it became unusable because practically all the rest of France is already unusable for UK visitors, due to the 24/48hr PN at most places.

Administrator

I can’t find one but was told by the airport director. I can’t remember who bought it, but it’s someone like Vinci

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK
Sign in to add your message