Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK Class A and squawking 7000

Yes; there is anecdotal evidence that if you ask for an “IFR” transit you are more likely to get it, because of a general belief that somebody knowing what I-F-R is must be a better pilot and is less likely to do something stupid in CAS

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I set 2000 and I am indeed building hours for CBIR. 

I don’t see the link? as flying with the hood in VMC using 7000 under VFR counts for IMC hours & CBIR hours in UK under BSRFI time?

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Oct 17:39
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Yes; there is anecdotal evidence that if you ask for an “IFR” transit you are more likely to get it, because of a general belief that somebody knowing what I-F-R is must be a better pilot and is less likely to do something stupid in CAS

Yep! “I Fly Roads” :)

On more serious note – I think last I heard that the reason is that in VFR they are not allowed to give you vectors, they could only give you VRPs. While in IFR they can send you as they please, maintaining separation with other traffic etc.

EGTR

Winston wrote:

I set 2000 and I am indeed building hours for CBIR. Farnborough controllers notice it for sure, asking to confirm flight rules as it makes it easier for everyone if you can be VFR while in their airspace.

Because they don’t need to separate VFR from other VFR but give you that chocolate fireguard, otherwise known as a basic service – or am I just being cynical that, now they have this chunk of airspace to control, they don’t wish to offer users of airspace the prescribed services they agreed to???

EDL*, Germany
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message