Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Obtaining Ukraine entry/overflight permit

Picking up this old thread as Im looking into flying UKLL.

Is the procedure still as described here? Any updated info on airport fee, avgas availability?

Another issue is that approach charts are in KM, meters , not feet, NM, knots etc. how is that handled in the actual flying? I have flown over l’viv many times up high and there I get assigned a FL in feet.

Info appreciated.

THY
EKRK, Denmark

When do you plan to fly to UKLL?

With the plates from EAD BASIC, they are all in m and km. You can do the math at home and convert it.
I think Jeppesen are in ft and NM.
ATC can handle archaic units of measurement and they give you ft.

Insurance is not a problem. I asked and they extended it for 15 quid.

United Kingdom

Hi mdoeer,

Next month, date not specified yet. I wrote the e-mail specified in this thread and got a quick reply. This is the information they ask for:
-————————————————————
REQUEST FOR OPERATING AN INTERNATIONAL NON-SCHEDULED FLIGHT
TO/FROM AIRPORTS OF UKRAINE
TO: FLIGHT SCHEDULING CO-ORDINATOR CENTRE C.A.A.OF UKRAINE
AA: STATE OF REGISTRATION OF A/C
BB: AIR COMPANY /AIR CARRIER/ NAME AND ADDRESS, PHN/E-MAIL
CC: OWNER OF AIRCRAFT
DD: TYPE OF A/C, MTOW, REG.MARKS,FLIGHT NB OR C/S
EE: DOF, ADEP/ETD, ADES/ETA (UTC TIME),
FLT ROUTE VIA UKRAINIAN FIR
DOBF, ADEP/ETD, ADES/ETA (UTC TIME),
FLT ROUTE VIA UKRAINIAN FIR
FF: PURPOSE OF FLT, NBR OF PAX/STATUS OF PAX/
GG: ARMS,FOTO OR ANY MIL EQUIPMENT ON BOARD
HH: INSURANCE OF THIRD PARTY
NAME OF INSURANCE COMPANY
NBR OF INSURANCE CERTIFICATE
SUM IN USD OR EUR
PERIOD OF INSURANCE FROM… TILL …
II: RMK ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT, CONTACT PHONE.
-————————————————————

I got no other instructions back so once this is submitted I suppose they will issue the permit on e-mail.

The biggest challenge is surely they want the date and times of flight. GA flights and a specific schedule is rarely a good combination.

Sounds good ATC will handle feet, NM ect.

Have you been to UKLL recently? Is avgas available and what are the airport fees?

/Christian

THY
EKRK, Denmark

Pilot&Flugzeug magazine made their this year’s readers’ tour to (among others) UKLL. IIRC, they later reported about 450 Euros per aircraft, but they had the local handling people also get the permits for them. I don’t if – if you get the permit yourself – you still can get the total airport fees down to 220€, as I did in 2013…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

OK boscomantico, thanks for the info. Down to 220 EUR is surely relatively lower compared to 450 EUR but really outragously priced in any case. If you look here https://www.you-fly.com/airport/ukll/Lviv_Intl#list it did look like somebody managed to hit a much lower fee in 2013. Maybe it depends if you carry pax?

THY
EKRK, Denmark

Yes. In doubt, always declare zero pax. I have been doing in so all across Europe for 18 years now, and in 70% of cases (where the no. of pax makes a difference price-wise), they don’t bat a lid and accept it (even if the pax don’t even have a pilot’s license). Works particularly well in Eastern Europe. Less so in Italy and Greece…

Being “zero pax” also helps because then they won’t separate you (which can mean you lose time if they do).

But, even I did declare 0 pax and still paid 220€. I remember that the invoice items made sense, so I didn’t question it. This was with two nights parking (I don’t remember the impact of the parking on the total).

But yes, in Ukraine, what people pay seems to vary A LOT. Which of course is worrying for someone going there and wanting to know in advance. But in any case, in UKLL, it won’t totally break the bank. So I suggest you do it, the city is really worth it. But don’t fly to Odessa UKOO… last year they sent me a quote of 1200€…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 20 Aug 15:25

THY wrote:

like somebody managed to hit a much lower fee in 2013

That was 5 years ago. Fees can change rapidly, especially if handling is involved.
I can confirm that Jepp is in feet. There is a conversion table on all plates.

Is there a way to attach pdf files to a post?

Last Edited by mdoerr at 21 Aug 06:55
United Kingdom

Thats very true mdoerr I just wondered because boscomantico was also there in 2013,
boscomantico wrote:

you still can get the total airport fees down to 220€, as I did in 2013…

thats quite a big difference between the two in the same year. Of course details like requested service, number og pax and number of overnight parkings all have influence on the fees. Anyway think I will give it a go to UKLL and see what happens.

THY
EKRK, Denmark

@THY
I have another data point (from a friend) for Lviv now:
Landing, 48h of parking, handling
Total: 170 €. 1.4 tons MTOW.

Seems a decent deal, and in fact a bit less than what I paid in 2013.

@boscomantico
Ok thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have to delay my trip UKLL to later this year.

THY
EKRK, Denmark
Sign in to add your message