Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Planesurance App - Fellow GA pilot tries to fix broken insurance process

For people in the UK, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway or Sweden, Visicover is a great option. It’s an online insurance company backed by Allianz, and it’s less than half the cost of the traditional brokers. Looking at this thread I see most people aren’t eligible, but it’s precisely the kind of solution needed more broadly in Europe. I wonder why they aren’t available in other countries. Is there something structural preventing such players from entering?

EHRD, Netherlands

I posted about this here.

It is a real problem but one can circumvent it yourself by inventing different tail numbers.

I wish him success and we must all support anybody who does something for GA, in their own time, but why oh why do an app and not a website? He’s made a rod for his own back. with an app.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just me but I couldn’t care less if it’s an app or a website. I don’t see why this is such a big deal?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Only in that an app is much more likely to be abandoned.

Another thing:

There is a lot of work to expand that.

Administrator

As a non-interested party ( I don’t own an aeroplane) I note that the app doesn’t appear to cover the countries viscover are in.

Comments in Germany suggest it was done primarily for the German market. It’s also been commented that it asks for personal info which should not be required.

Obviously, the dev will need to contact insurers in each country, and negotiate with them some sort of commission on introductions. Otherwise, this is not a sustainable proposition. This is going to take time, and some won’t be interested. If EuroGA is anything to go by, one has an endless stream of such requests; almost daily. I would expect the cheapest insurers to not be interested.

I am with Visicover too now.

Administrator
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message