Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Geeking out on post flight data with FlySto.net

FlySto supports EuroGA

I uploaded my Saab 340 base training KML exported from ForeFlight to FlySto. It looks pretty realistic except missing the clouds

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I uploaded the data from the Dynon and all data was there for the first dozen flights or so but after that, anything to do with the landing was missing…. any ideas?

EDL*, Germany

@Steve6443

You are referring to the dot plot of the “Insights”. This looks like a bug and will be fixed.

All your landings are available in the flight list (Menu – Flights).

always learning
LO__, Austria

I uploaded my Saab 340 base training KML exported from ForeFlight to FlySto. It looks pretty realistic except missing the clouds

Cool 😎

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

@Steve6443

You are referring to the dot plot of the “Insights”. This looks like a bug and will be fixed.

All your landings are available in the flight list (Menu – Flights).

The flights are there but the ability to review the landings isn’t. If I look at the first dozen or so flights, on the left hand side I can click on a landing and below that, I can see categories such as Final, below 500’, At 50’, flare and touchdown. After the first dozen or so flights, if I click on a window, all the info there stops at At 50’ hence I can’t review the flare, landing or touchdown…..

See below to see what I mean…..

Landing where I can not review the landing data past “At 50’”

Landings of the first dozen or so flights where I can review the full landing data past “At 50’”

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 16 Mar 21:54
EDL*, Germany

@Steve6443

After investigating this we see that your Dynon avionics log file contains only data with 10 sec interval for the last flights. It looks like all flights (since October 2022) are recorded in a single large log file.

For the first few flights, it contains data with an interval of less than a second. However, for later flights, the interval is 10 sec. A 10 second interval is too inaccurate to detect the parameters required to show landing details etc. reliably.

I guess there is something in the configuration of the Dynon avionics that causes this problem.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Emir must be best pilot on EuroGA due to location exposure.

I had this flight recently in his territory and it so violent it really was quite out of the ordinary, especially in a plane where the prop clearance is inverse to the cost of a prop strike. In 18 years of flying I only had one more violent approach, in a twin TP at EDDL.

I was with another experienced instructor/examiner and we discussed going around and calling it off in one second intervals 😀

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hey all!
I’m new to this so please be patient.. I’m learning to fly and am doing circuits :)
I’ve just discovered flysto and it’s brilliant!
I’m confused by the altitude data tho.
I understand that the ADS-B in a flightradar24 KML file contains pressure altitude?
When I import the data into flysto, it shows a circuit height of 1200ft even tho I’m flying at 1500ft on local QNH.
As a consequence, flysto thinks I’m landing underneath the runway, and this offset messes up everything, including landing profiles, takeoffs etc.
I thought I might be able to fix it by writing a script that adds an offset to the altitude numbers in the KML file.. but when I modified the data in the tags, it makes no difference to the values read by flysto when it’s imported .. I can’t find where it gets the altitude values from in the KML file!
Anyway, flysto gets the local weather for the imported flight so it knows and even displays (in some views) the local QNH, but it makes no difference ..

In short, I’d like to understand (and /or adjust) if necessary the altitude data from Flightradar24 so it doesn’t appear significantly different from my actual altitude .. whether that’s by modifying the KML file or applying some setting in flysto.

Any suggestions?

Dom
New Zealand

Sorry, nothing constructive to contribute, other than to say welcome Dom 😀

Hopefully Snoopy will have an answer for you

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Let’s hope he does show up ;)

Dom
New Zealand
Sign in to add your message