Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Geeking out on post flight data with FlySto.net

FlySto supports EuroGA

Let’s hope he does show up ;)

He was quite busy these days, I’ll see him today and remind.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Dom
please use quick feedback button and send URL of a flight so we can investigate, thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

@snoopy
Thanks snoopy – message sent from Flysto with the flight URL!

Dom
New Zealand

Thanks to all for stopping by at FlySto’s Aero 2024 stand. It was a total success. Tons of recognition and very positive feedback all around.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Congrats 👏🏻
You guys now enjoy that well deserved champagne!

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Flown some aerobatics with FlySto today (pizza digestion on the way back from South of the Alps 😄). Unfortunately the 1Hz resolution of my Garmin stuff shows thru, still good fun to watch, but viewer’s discretion is required as I will not be held responsible for anyone turning 🤢 or even 🤮

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

You can also record an actual video and upload it. FlySto’s computer vision tech will sync it

always learning
LO__, Austria

I guess I need to calibrate the compass of my Dynon Skyview – on recent flights I’ve noticed that the indicated crab angle on touchdown is always showing to the left, but onboard video – kudos to the programmers who were able to match the video to the flight, really interesting addition – shows that my direction of flight is in the same direction as the nose is heading – ie, directly along the centre line….

EDL*, Germany

A few degrees (<5°) of crab during touchdown are probably very hard to realize visually.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 03 May 21:00
always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

A few degrees (<5°) of crab during touchdown are probably very hard to realize visually.

yeah I can get that but my reports are showing crab angles of a minimum 12° or more since the most recent service; what makes it more probable that the compass is not calibrated correctly is the HSI showing an heading of, say, 058 when landing on Runway 070 with a true magnetic heading of 071; I’ve started taking videos with a camera in the centre of the cockpit looking out over the propeller and I can be lined up with the centre line all the way, touch down on the centre line and roll down that centre line yet still be landing in a 12° plus crab…. next time I go flying, will try to calibrate the compass first.

However what also makes me believe something else could be off is that if I check my flight into (eg) EDWG (Wangerooge), the replay shows me landing off the runway yet the video taken from the cockpit coaming shows me touching down on the runway centre line and rolling along it…

here is a screen shot from FlySto showing the supposed crab angle – here we can clearly see the deviance between the compass heading and what the program thinks I am doing but how does a compass miscalibration result in a GPS displacement?

A screen grab from the video where I’m close to the threshold – note the lateral displacement according to FlySto.

A second screen grab a second later just before touchdown…

Same approach, another screen grab just before touchdown….

Would be grateful for any tips…..

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 04 May 07:24
EDL*, Germany
100 Posts
Sign in to add your message