Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (2-3 September 2023)

Took the Nord for a trip to the beach. Then dropped in on a mate to help him finish the harvest driving his combine.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Local flight to the Portuguese coastal town of Santa Cruz from where the video begins and ends back in Santarem. At around 05M05SEC there´s the classic Rallye stall.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Uneventful travel to St. Malo.
SAT 2.5hrs to Beaune, nice little town, some 5km from Beaune Challange LFGF.
Fuel via Total cars pump – no landing or parking fee. Excellent runway and taxiway.
Parked next to a beautiful little blue plane with a euroga-fellow – whose electrics held this time…
SUN 2hrs to Dinard LFRD, well organized, but lonely field. Even got offered (!) asphalt parking.
Taxi to town a 60€ rip off, but at least came quickly.
St Malo is suprisingly busy (wrong expecration of coming here AFTER season).

EDM_, Germany

Today I took a day trip with my son to Essen (EDLE) to see the Zeche Zollverein mine and museum. I actually filed VFR, which I almost never do, because the weather was perfect and the arrival under the Düsseldorf class C was much easier VFR. Essen itself isn’t much, but the airfield is easy and well serviced, and the mine and museum are worth the trip for sure. App2Drive was also great for easy ground transport.

EHRD, Netherlands

@Yeager just shows how much fun there Is to be had flying slow and just enjoying piloting.

I flew back to France thanks to Mr O’Leary.
Crossing over Aldernay, and Jersey with Guernsey in the distance then Dinard.
Seemed to be no movement in and around the fields, then again it was midday.

Last Edited by gallois at 04 Sep 07:00
France

To recover from some strenuous teaching I did a little gliding along the Black Forest and some biplane flying yesterday evening.

Last Edited by Thomas_R at 04 Sep 08:57
Germany

Dan wrote:

The airfield and the lovely small city of Barcelonette in the background

Which Barcelonette is this? This one appears to have a broad valley, a long runway, and a very nice little city. Reminds of the the Barcelonette I visited two months ago while flying gliders in the Alpes Maritimes, which was also very nice. But where is the other one that I have read so much about in this forum, which truly must be a place of doom?

Germany

I flew down from Enstone to White Waltham (about 15 mins in an RV) for the annual event known as ’Member’s Day’. It’s basically an air show, with classic cars also, everyone takes a picnic, lots of wine, ice-creams, things for the kids, people selling stuff, etc. There is a Panavia Tornado you can sit in, and we got this flypast:

Last Edited by Graham at 04 Sep 10:02
EGLM & EGTN

Saturday we went to the Bournemouth Air Festival by road. We found a good place on a cliff top, then later went down to the (very busy) beach so the kids could play. It’s like an airshow, but free and more stretched out. There was a Pitts that hovered vertically for an impossiblly long time, which turns out to have been built with a pair of extra jet engines.

Yak 50

Red Arrows

Sunday I did a test flight after some avionics work, just to south Wales and back. I didn’t take any photos.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Not as cool as the others, but I had my first solo navigation !
LFPT (Pontoise) → LFOP (Rouen) and back.

There is definitely a very new feeling when you land alone at another airport. You don’t feel like in school anymore, and more like a “real pilot” :)

France
Sign in to add your message