Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (30 September - 1 October 2023)

Getting the thread started…
Had to have a go to the EuroGA fly-in at La Cerdenaya LECD, as announced in some other thread
The forecast fog got blown away by some southerly fog, so left my base according schedule. This was followed by a very short 45 minute flight to LFSP to satisfy the EU authorities of good intentions, and to meet with @eurogaguest1980.

Fluids in, fluids out, cross France FL105, overtaken by eurogaguest1980 mid-way (he works in IT, so accordingly has a digital flying style, 0 or 1), then hit destination in super wx.

Friday’s participants, the big cheese of EuroGA, and the most famous ones, greased the deck alright. Following a round of adult beverages led to a super meal (thanks for the ordering @aart), before everybody hit the sack (but me writing these lines for you folks ), ready for tomorrow’s adventures.

LECD field, pretty cool field, beautiful settings

This pic ain’t mine, but Aart’s IIRC

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

The great and the good of EuroGA :) great photos @Dan and greetings from the hamster wheel (Sim)

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 30 Sep 07:24
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Still not on Peter’s level of flight duration, i found La Cerdanya a bit far.
Instead, I went for a medium level trip to Tortoli LIET, which re-opened recently. 3.35 h is/was long enough – fairly easy at FL120 on top until Firenze, then ctd at FL85.
Also looked down to Asiago and agree, could be a nice fly-in location.

EDM_, Germany

I took few pics while flying to LECD: Bologna, St. Tropez, Marseille, Perpignan.

Last Edited by Emir at 30 Sep 15:21
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Today’s pics:

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Oct 11:33
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Not my plane but… time for some tailwheel time, my first since returning from the US. A very nice PA18 at Arcachon. Just a short flight round the Bassin, and one landing which was enough to remind me that I could do with a bit of practise.

LFMD, France

Great photos @boscomantico

My attempt at cutting a G5 has now snowballed a bit. Time to get the angle grinder out.

United Kingdom

Alright folks, avid readers, ladies & gentleman, boys & girls, I was not involved in the organisation of the Fly in to Spain – La Cerdanya LECD 29 Sep 2023 (thanks Aart!), but a mere participant, and would like to express the feeling that this was a super reunion: organisation, location, food (alright, drinks too), weather, and of course the participants, all helped in making it what it was.

More feedback will certainly flow into the above linked thread

Last Edited by Dan at 01 Oct 22:21
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

For once, I had some recreational flying, not just “join the airways, IAP, UAW, hold, IAP, landing”.
This photo was taken on a trip back from Turweston (first time there, nice place) CW to Eltree, over Northampton.

EGTR

Saturday we went to Shoreham; a few photos in their own thread

Sunday I went to the airport with my 3 year old. We managed to free off a jammed seatbelt inertia reel from the previous day (he held the screws for me) and then checked if the children’s bikes will fit in the back. We only tried one, and it did go in through the cockpit with a bit of wiggling, so it should work with both.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message