Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (2-3 September 2023)

Thread starter…
I hope I’m not the only one, but I do love reading about what you guys are doing. There have been some extraordinary tale telling in these threads, but also some very modest and personal contributions. Thanks to all, looking forward to meet you guys in flesh somewhere! Let’s enjoy the 3 dimensional freedom as long as we can

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

The Værnes flyklubb is having their ‘Åpen flydag’ tomorrow (open day for the public to come and see airplanes, get a chance to do a short fly…).
I’ll be flying our C185 as part of this event, at least that’s the plan, but hey we now the difference between a plan and reality in GA, right :-) I’ll let you know how it goes.

ENVA, Norway

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

open day for the public to come and see airplanes, get a chance to do a short fly…

Thanks! Excellent initiative…we need all the support we can get in GA!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

In that relation I tried the Velis Electro just now Rather nice, like a heavier, less “twitchy” Alphatrainer, with much less endurance and less HP Tomorrow it will be used for the public to try. I will fly the Alphatrainer tomorrow.

On Monday the plan is to have a photosession, the electro and the Alphatrainer flying together. I will fly the Alphatrainer with a photographer on board. I hope the weather agrees.

Have to add. The throttle lever controls the power (kW). Then the governor controls the rpm to achieve that power. The prop is fixed pitch. So it’s constant power, not constant speed. It occurred to me now that I didn’t look at the rpm once

Last Edited by LeSving at 01 Sep 18:09
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

A short flight today to dry the plane off after washing it – would have been rude to not enjoy some clouds.

Plane fuelled and ready to go tomorrow to Annecy.

United Kingdom

Just before descent into cloud and miserable wx at FL140, this evening.
However a wonderful friendly service from everyone on ATC all the way from the south east to Newcastle

United Kingdom

The day turned out to be great. Not as many “civilians” as last year, but more planes came. Even a Brit with a Glastar managed to more or less inadvertently pop by. I flew some teenage boys on round trips, perhaps they some day will start flying? Funny thing, yet another Brit at my age came along for a round trip. He was married to a Swedish woman (by the sound of it), and had lived here for 9 years. Still, he couldn’t speak Norwegian. No one at work wanted to speak Norwegian with him, it was much less trouble communicating in English

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Made it to Annecy after stopping at LFAQ Albert Bray for immigration.

LFAQ was quite easy although the avgas pump was broken. Looking at their arrivals/departures sheet they have only a few visitors a month.

We spotted a yellow and red RV at Annecy which, once again, was left with the flaps down.

United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

He was married to a Swedish woman (by the sound of it), and had lived here for 9 years. Still, he couldn’t speak Norwegian. No one at work wanted to speak Norwegian with him, it was much less trouble communicating in English

That’s a well known problem. We see the same thing in Sweden with many people.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

What an amazing adventure for IO390!

No messing about. Buys an RV and goes places.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message