Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New EU Handling EASA opinion 01/2024

Steve6443 wrote:

3 KLM pilots join me in taking the shuttle – also no CIME card in sight

Airline crew usually are issued company ID cards, and I’m sure KLM is also doing so. These ID cards are only issued following security checks and clearance by the relevant police and authorities, and are therefore the equivalent of that CIME.
I don’t think wearing a shiny uniform would give you any advantage as I recall our ID cards scrutinised when going thru security checks. Yes, at the EAP.

And the EAP (LFSB) is in prime position in my avoid at all costs list of places…
Re that CIME card affair… can’t really write here what I think about it, lest Peter would show me the door

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

You can write what you like… I usually do Just avoid the f-word and similar.

Sounds like it is as popular as this

This stuff doesn’t work because a large % of airport workers cannot be security checked – because they have insufficient verifiable past history. When I was 16 (and just 4 years out of CZ) I tried to get a job at various big firms which also did govt/mil work and was turned down because I was so obviously a KGB plant. Same when I was 21. Yet airports have to employ such people in large numbers because nobody else will do the work.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

AIUI the CIME card isn’t about being checked out as a non terrorist but about having been trained to wear a yellow vest and to walk between lines and around bollards when walking airside to and from your aircraft and accompanying passengers so that they also do not stop outside the pedestrian lines or inside the bollard cordon.
Also to look left and right so you don’t walk in front of a moving aircraft.
You know all the essential stuff we have been doing for years without a card to demonstrate we can do it.🤔

Last Edited by gallois at 21 Jan 11:19
France

Sorry, going back to my original post – has anyone read the Opinion paper? What are the consequences, if any?

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

Sorry, going back to my original post – has anyone read the Opinion paper? What are the consequences, if any?

I don’t expect there to be any noticeable consequences. The proposal deals almost exclusively with safety and management issues – not at all with issues such as compulsory handling or minimum services provided. The proposed regulation will also apply to self-handling by CAT with complex powered airplanes, but not non-commercial ops.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Steve6443 wrote:

This is already the case in (eg) Basel, they charge no less than €26,30 per trip by shuttle from the airplane to the terminal or from the terminal to the airplane

Note that in their December newsletter, the GAC has pointed out that they can offer handling for visiting aircraft. This is the “Swiss” sector. I don’t know if you will save a lot of money there though… maybe if you want to park a bit longer than a few hours.

https://gacbasel.ch/ → PPR-Formular

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message