Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft the weekend of Feb 10 2024

UdoR wrote:

I FINISHED MY IR TODAY!

Well done! Welcome to the world of serious easy flying! Now you can enjoy the best of both worlds…and time to take icing seriously.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

johnh wrote:

At 75 knots and 2000 feet or so AGL, you get to see quite a lot of things

With our Cub at 2400 RPM, we were cruising at a whooping 80kt IAS! The temperature might explain the difference in performance, we had -12°C this week-end.
Some of the pictures I took were by opening the sliding window, but not all since first, it’s only on the left side, and second, it was COLD
I hope you had fun flying a Super Cub! Soon you will probably be able to fly it with open door, something I have not yet managed to do, the only time it was warm enough, the latch to keep the upper part of the door was not holding the door, all of my other fights in the Cub it would have been too cold.

Last Edited by WingsWaterAndWheels at 15 Feb 13:56
ENVA, Norway

I finally got to fly again, despite the absence of my plane. Spent 3.9 hours flying a Super Cub around Provence. At 75 knots and 2000 feet or so AGL, you get to see quite a lot of things. No pictures, I’m afraid – I was a bit busy flying the plane.

LFMD, France

@loco damn, I just passed your plane today while taxing for some fuel. Nice one! My wife is asking how many seats there are :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

It’s cat 3. Some places ask for a written acceptance of lower category. Trento didn’t.

LPFR, Poland

By the way, which firefighting category is a P180?

According to the AIP, Trento has ICAO CAT 1 as standard and asks for 7 days PN for any higher category.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks. Here’s a side view.

LPFR, Poland

Piaggio is a looker!
Nice

Poland

Beautiful bird @loco

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I flew to Trento LIDT with my mom in the right seat. The other airport in the area, Bolzano, was packed. They offered 1hr slots to drop off and pick up pax. No parking.

I planned to cancel IFR over Bolzano or divert to Bergamo. Visibility was reported 8000, and from F140 I could see a reflection of the river, so I decided to cancel IFR and descend.

Flying an Italian plane in Italy, I received a warm welcome with the tower staff offering to call a taxi. The apron had lots of space.

It is stressful to fly single pilot after a long break. Especially the P180. For some time, I will be flying with a copilot when my family is onboard. I still haven’t memorized the long checklists and I read-do. I hope to improve over time.

Flying VFR, looking for the airport.

On the ground.

LPFR, Poland
51 Posts
Sign in to add your message